09/21/24 DAZN PPV: Riyadh Season Wembley Edition: Anthony Joshua vs Daniel Dubois (IBF Heavyweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Joshua-Dubois Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dubois Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Dubois was going to be robbed tonight if he didn't knock out AJ. He had AJ down like 4-5 times and the ref had no intention in stopping the fight.

He did it so they couldn't rob him :umad: ...bring on that usyk rematch.

If that rematch does happen, Dubois needs to attack Usyk the same way he did to Joshua tonight. Fury had alot of success in the 1st half of the Usyk fight because he was fighting big, pushing Usyk back, and landing uppercuts. Then Fury decided to play the boxer, and Usyk then dominated

If you try to fight on the backfoot, Usyk will eat you alive. Dubois has to show no respect to Usyk the same way he didn't show respect to Anthony Joshua

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yea that was way too much risk...this nikka got real power in his hands. that title was a mouse trap if there ever was one. especially for Joshua who got questionable defense...
dubois had also been ko'ed twice and nearly ko'ed by a blown up cruiser

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if AJ will push for an immediate rematch.

I thought he would win this one but he got beaten like a rented mule. From his point of view, he'll be feeling he didn't give a good account of himself because the knockdown in the 1st pretty much ended things.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
man this fight was crazy. aj came out flat immediately and dubois applied pressure. aj got caught so early in the fight he was never able to get started. once dubois had some success it just amped his confidence up even more. aj never really recovered, he tried to battle back a little bit but he was stunned with too many clean shots.

i wasn't sure aj was fully back after the usyk fights because the dudes he fought were not fully gonna test him even though he won. helenius, francis and other dude wasn't gonna present the proper challenge.

aj actually would have been alright if he jabbed more and kept his distance earlier. even right before he got slept, he hurt dubois but he got hurt again. he was defensively bad with his hands down all night. you can't do that vs heavyweights.

i don't think aj needs to retire but its clear he not at the top of the food chain no more. him and wilder could get it popping since they both coming off knockout losses. it will be the battle of the punch resistance- who still has it.

dubois showed grit and resilence, i thought he stopped usyk too if the ref was on his job. usyk was selling body blows as low blows and the ref bought it. would love to see them run it back.

i don't know the odds of this fight but i'm guessing aj was the favorite and vegas hurting right now

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I wonder if AJ will push for an immediate rematch.

I thought he would win this one but he got beaten like a rented mule. From his point of view, he'll be feeling he didn't give a good account of himself because the knockdown in the 1st pretty much ended things.
eddie says they will prolly trigger the rematch clause

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man this fight was crazy. aj came out flat immediately and dubois applied pressure. aj got caught so early in the fight he was never able to get started. once dubois had some success it just amped his confidence up even more. aj never really recovered, he tried to battle back a little bit but he was stunned with too many clean shots.

i wasn't sure aj was fully back after the usyk fights because the dudes he fought were not fully gonna test him even though he won. helenius, francis and other dude wasn't gonna present the proper challenge.

aj actually would have been alright if he jabbed more and kept his distance earlier. even right before he got slept, he hurt dubois but he got hurt again. he was defensively bad with his hands down all night. you can't do that vs heavyweights.

i don't think aj needs to retire but its clear he not at the top of the food chain no more. him and wilder could get it popping since they both coming off knockout losses. it will be the battle of the punch resistance- who still has it.

dubois showed grit and resilence, i thought he stopped usyk too if the ref was on his job. usyk was selling body blows as low blows and the ref bought it. would love to see them run it back.

i don't know the odds of this fight but i'm guessing aj was the favorite and vegas hurting right now
Great analysis. Nailed it. How do you think AJ should have adjusted to Dubois' pressure? Jabs were no existant as you said, his feet were too flat footed for the pressure and he didnt go to the body to slow Daniel down... Plus as you said he never recovered. I did think he had a shot by clinching for a few rounds and go for an attack like he did at the end, but his legs were too far gone plus he was undisciplined and was wide open for a counter with that uppercut...