Zootopia

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It wasn't a kid's movie at all really

Oh, but it most certainly was a kid's movie. It's not my 6 year old daughter's favorite movie (whom she was only 3 when she requested to see it in theaters) because it's an adult movie. Don't worry, liking a "kid's movie" isn't going to make you any less of a man. Unless you believe it will, then in that case, you're totally not the man you thought you were.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Oh, but it most certainly was a kid's movie. It's not my 6 year old daughter's favorite movie (whom she was only 3 when she requested to see it in theaters) because it's an adult movie. Don't worry, liking a "kid's movie" isn't going to make you any less of a man. Unless you believe it will, then in that case, you're totally not the man you thought you were.
The core themes of this movie would likely go over a child's head. Most children don't have the level of exposure to racism and discrimination to get what the core themes of the movie are getting at.

There are legitimate kids movies that insert stuff for adults but I see this as more of a family accessible movie with a layer of humor kids can get into over it but core themes that aren't for them. Or are you suggesting a child would totally get the government using drugs to try to vilify minorities to cause panic and civil unrest against them or all the effective symbolism of racism in the movie.

All the supposed childlike themes are all surface level and any further analysis of any depth into the movie will dive into topics that aren't.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A kid isn't going to grasp what the message is for this film is my point. It's a movie about race, unconscious bias, and finding purpose more than it is a "kid's" movie.

It was definitely a satire

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A kid isn't going to grasp what the message is for this film is my point. It's a movie about race, unconscious bias, and finding purpose more than it is a "kid's" movie.

It was definitely a satire

Kids don't grasp the concept of plenty of other kids movie underlying themes. So that argument don't work. There's been quite a few other kids movies that have messages in them that they won't get at earlier ages released over the decades. Just because creators of these films are putting more thought in them that adults would better understand and enjoy, doesn't take away from them still being made for kids, first and foremost. Keep watching that Disney app, fool and find out.

Ironically tho, cartoons were first made in general for adults, but kids felt them more, so the focus of these types of animation became catered to kids FIRST, parents second.

At best it's a satire for kids that adults can also appreciate.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kids don't grasp the concept of plenty of other kids movie underlying themes. So that argument don't work. There's been quite a few other kids movies that have messages in them that they won't get at earlier ages released over the decades. Just because creators of these films are putting more thought in them that adults would better understand and enjoy, doesn't take away from them still being made for kids, first and foremost. Keep watching that Disney app, fool and find out.

Ironically tho, cartoons were first made in general for adults, but kids felt them more, so the focus of these types of animation became catered to kids FIRST, parents second.

Ok

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I think you misunderstand the difference between a family film and a kids movie.