Zoë Saldana and Sam Worthington Sign on for Three Avatar Sequels

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
2016?:what:

Didn't the first one come out in '09 or some shyt?

A 7 year gap?
flavor-flav-wow-o.gif

Yea, I'm not feeling that. 7 years is entirely too long.

no one is even clamoring for a single sequel, let alone three.

You sound so retarded right now. You do realize this movie almost made three billion dollars right? $2,782,275,000.00 at the box office and you think they wasn't gonna make a sequel? :stopitslime:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
He probably made all 3 back to back which is why theres a 7 gap

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
US and Canada records[edit]
  • Highest grossing 3rd weekend[1]
  • Highest grossing 4th weekend[2]
  • Highest grossing 5th weekend[3]
  • Highest grossing 6th weekend
  • Highest grossing 7th weekend[4][5]
  • Biggest January weekend.[6]
  • Highest grossing movie in US and Canada
  • Fastest to reach $600 million.[7]
  • Main contributor to the biggest aggregated weekend of all time.[8]
  • Highest opening weekend for an environmentalist film[9]
  • Largest gross on New Year day[10][11]
  • Highest-grossing CGI star movie[12]
  • Highest-grossing paraplegic film[13]
  • Highest-grossing environmentalist movie[14]
  • Highest-grossing SCI-FI film[15]
  • Highest grossing movie released in 2009[16]
  • Highest PG-13 grossing movie of all time[17]
  • Highest-grossing Martin Luther King weekend[18]
  • Most Oscar Nominations of 2010 (9, tied with The Hurt Locker)
Worldwide records[edit]
  • Avatar became the highest-grossing movie in history on January 25 after only 41 days of play[19][20][21]
  • The film was No. 1 in all of the 106 markets it opened the week of December 20[22]
  • Except for India, it was No. 1 in every market worldwide in its second week of release.[23][24]
  • It was the highest-grossing movie worldwide for 7 weeks in a row[25]
  • It became the second-highest-grossing movie worldwide only 20 days after its initial release[26]
  • Highest grossing movie of 2009
  • Fastest pirated movie in history[27][28]
  • First 3-D movie to reach $1 billion worldwide
  • Reached $1 billion sales outside US and Canada in 28 days[29]
  • First movie in history to reach $2 billion worldwide[30]

Avatar grossed 2.8 Billion Worldwide and you guys are shocked there will be 3 sequels? When it's all said and done "Avatar" will be the Biggest grossing series worldwide (Star Wars will always be King cause of the tickets it sold and inflation) but Harry Potter will be dethroned worldwide. Part 2 and 3 are sequels and will finish the trilogy and the 4th film will be Prequel about Pandora in the past. I can't wait, "Avatar" was great. Sure James followed a formula in storytelling but it's a universal formula and when you show "Love" in the way it was portrayed it will connect with people around the world. He did the same in "Titanic". Love is the most universal theme of all time. I want more action in the sequel since we now know the characters.

Can you believe this year is the 5th Anniversary of the 1st film and look how popular the movie still is. I know "Hungers Games 3 and 4, Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7" are all coming out in the next 2 years but "Avatar" will crush the building but I think the sequels will fail to gross what the original did but still do gangbusters cause the fanbase is huge. What I love most about James catalog. Quality over Quantity He's only directed 8 films and a majority of them are considered Classics. Terminator, T2, Titanic, Avatar, True Lies, Aliens. Also I loved how James made "Avatar" a real 3D experience so you felt like you were in Pandora and not the cheap money grab 3D that hollywood is using to make more money.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
US and Canada records[edit]
  • Highest grossing 3rd weekend[1]
  • Highest grossing 4th weekend[2]
  • Highest grossing 5th weekend[3]
  • Highest grossing 6th weekend
  • Highest grossing 7th weekend[4][5]
  • Biggest January weekend.[6]
  • Highest grossing movie in US and Canada
  • Fastest to reach $600 million.[7]
  • Main contributor to the biggest aggregated weekend of all time.[8]
  • Highest opening weekend for an environmentalist film[9]
  • Largest gross on New Year day[10][11]
  • Highest-grossing CGI star movie[12]
  • Highest-grossing paraplegic film[13]
  • Highest-grossing environmentalist movie[14]
  • Highest-grossing SCI-FI film[15]
  • Highest grossing movie released in 2009[16]
  • Highest PG-13 grossing movie of all time[17]
  • Highest-grossing Martin Luther King weekend[18]
  • Most Oscar Nominations of 2010 (9, tied with The Hurt Locker)
Worldwide records[edit]
  • Avatar became the highest-grossing movie in history on January 25 after only 41 days of play[19][20][21]
  • The film was No. 1 in all of the 106 markets it opened the week of December 20[22]
  • Except for India, it was No. 1 in every market worldwide in its second week of release.[23][24]
  • It was the highest-grossing movie worldwide for 7 weeks in a row[25]
  • It became the second-highest-grossing movie worldwide only 20 days after its initial release[26]
  • Highest grossing movie of 2009
  • Fastest pirated movie in history[27][28]
  • First 3-D movie to reach $1 billion worldwide
  • Reached $1 billion sales outside US and Canada in 28 days[29]
  • First movie in history to reach $2 billion worldwide[30]

Avatar grossed 2.8 Billion Worldwide and you guys are shocked there will be 3 sequels? When it's all said and done "Avatar" will be the Biggest grossing series worldwide (Star Wars will always be King cause of the tickets it sold and inflation) but Harry Potter will be dethroned worldwide. Part 2 and 3 are sequels and will finish the trilogy and the 4th film will be Prequel about Pandora in the past. I can't wait, "Avatar" was great. Sure James followed a formula in storytelling but it's a universal formula and when you show "Love" in the way it was portrayed it will connect with people around the world. He did the same in "Titanic". Love is the most universal theme of all time. I want more action in the sequel since we now know the characters.

Can you believe this year is the 5th Anniversary of the 1st film and look how popular the movie still is. I know "Hungers Games 3 and 4, Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7" are all coming out in the next 2 years but "Avatar" will crush the building but I think the sequels will fail to gross what the original did but still do gangbusters cause the fanbase is huge. What I love most about James catalog. Quality over Quantity He's only directed 8 films and a majority of them are considered Classics. Terminator, T2, Titanic, Avatar, True Lies, Aliens. Also I loved how James made "Avatar" a real 3D experience so you felt like you were in Pandora and not the cheap money grab 3D that hollywood is using to make more money.
yup, no one is clamoring for a sequel. What is James Cameron thinking. :comeon::mjpls:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So sales = great movie ?

Yet ninjas hating on COD loool

Sales don't = Quality but they do = Impact. You don't gross 2.8 Billion and not do a sequel. Also the 1st film had an open ending as Jake is now a Naavi. So we are going to see where it's going next. Anyone saying nobody wants a sequel failed to see the impact the film has had. It's a global phenomenon.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
you must like girls for their personality

I have a Precious to sell you
140114104046-gabourey-sidibe-01042014-story-top.jpg

avb-naa.png

everyone who has posted in this thread will see the movie

No doubt, but i'll watch same way i've watched the last Avatar flick, at the comfort of my crib. nikkas saying it'll make back to back billions :whew: i feel a whoooole lot less guilty about my pre-emptive bootlegging of it.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
avb-naa.png

No doubt, but i'll watch same way i've watched the last Avatar flick, at the comfort of my crib. nikkas saying it'll make back to back billions :whew: i feel a whoooole lot less guilty about my pre-emptive bootlegging of it.
so seeing it in its true form wont do it for you?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
so seeing it in its true form wont do it for you?

Bruh, i made the mistake of watching James Cameron's hour long preview/speech about the movie where he highlighted everygoddamn thing and was effusive about how much of a technical achievement it was and how it would change movies etc so that whole spiel gave me the :beli: and put me off seeing it for awhile. I ended watching on it blu- ray and it turned out to be a decent flick , which justified my initial decision to skip it at first.