ZERO ZERO ZERO - Crime TV Series (From Gomorrah Producers/Amazon/Trailer)

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, you get it just fine. That's what they were going for.

Remember neither Miguel nor Stefano ever dealt in this business at this level before.

He (Miguel) tried to punk her with the theatrics, but her father had already schooled her. Their (Lynwoods) job is logistics. Start then complete the job,and get that bag. Everything else is unimportant, and useless to their clients. Business, never personal. She (Emma) was probably disgusted by them (The Zetas), but remember she had just lost her father and brother violently. She was still shook. Just the same, her value is her business and it had to go on.
To add on, that scene personifies how cacs perfected the art of business by removing morality, emotions, or any thing else that might compromise an opportunity to make money.

This bytch lost her entire family due to their commitment to deliver on their deal. Survived numerous attacks on her life, performed all manner of bribery, including paying off terrorists to allow passage of her goods.

So after going through all this, she goes back to the sellers whom she had a long enough history with to be trusted with the transport of 5,000 kis. Walks through a yard full of bodies, sits right between the two corpses of whom she went through hell for, and hands $30 million to their murderer. And without flinching lines up the next deal him. Folks talk about the phrase "business never personal" but this bytch truly lived it. shyt even took Miguel demonic ass by surprise.

Compare that with our folks that'll be quick to blow up a deal at the slightest sense of disrespect. Oh, you sneezing during our meeting? Off with your head! :camby:.

This example is an extreme but still a lot to learn from. Folks being held back by morality, tradition, and emotion, meanwhile these ruthless cacs quietly accumulating resources off the backs and lives of everyone else.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
really liking how they're tying all the stories together each episode where a lot of other shows tend to wait til the very end of the season to do that, you're seeing this throughout each ep here.

also, the only thing worse than cops are dirty cops :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Did nobody else notice that in the last scene as she walks past the bodies, she has the same muscle spasm that her brother used to have? She has the disease too. Easy 10/10 for that little detail alone.

i did notice that...scene with Don Minu processing the shipment with the children running around, showing the next generation of future mafiosi was dope too.

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
Did nobody else notice that in the last scene as she walks past the bodies, she has the same muscle spasm that her brother used to have? She has the disease too. Easy 10/10 for that little detail alone.
giphy.gif

i did notice that...scene with Don Minu processing the shipment with the children running around, showing the next generation of future mafiosi was dope too.
Really nice touch. definitely a well-crafted show

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my main complaint is the lynwood “kids” and the attempt to make them the “humanizing” aspect of the story...I just don’t give a fukk about them...in particular the son...idk maybe it’s the casting choice...but I cringe every time the story shifts to them smh...and I don’t need anyone to “explain” how they’re important to the story...I absolutely get it...but the characters are just not resonating w/ me @ all...I’m absolutely tied into the characters in the other 2 storylines tho

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I started to rewatch the series. After you complete watching the entire thing, go back and watch the first monologue (Gabriel Byrne's narration, I believe) which opens the 1st episode. Everything makes a lot more sense after it, esp. the rules and laws part.