zelda_skyward_sword_gttv.jpg

this level had me pissed

Last edited by a moderator:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
nikkas saying they didn't understand Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 being games of the year and that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were ass.

So what we have here is either a lot of hate or a lot of silly opinions.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
nikkas saying they didn't understand Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 being games of the year and that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were ass.

So what we have here is either a lot of hate or a lot of silly opinions.

mario galaxy 1 and 2 were good but not goty good

twilight princess was ok for being a remake of oot

skyward sword didnt even seem like a zelda game, and lets keep it real, if anybody else put that game out they would get shytted on

whats so silly about these opinions? to me, your silly if you call yourself a zelda fan and claim to like that silly ass fetch quest game.

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
I agree on TP, I haven't scratched the surface on SS. I love Zelda but there hasn't been a game since WW that had me from the beginning to end. I thought TP was straight until you morphed into the wolf...then, for me,it stopped feeling like a Zelda game. So I can see where folks weren't feeling it...for different reasons of course. Once I get a few more hours into SS I guess I could make an assessment. Judging by how much time, size of the team and effort it LOOKS like they are putting into this new game, seems like they know that :ufdup: time will tell, they have 2 years so...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

• Dap
Reactions: OTC

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm a huge Zelda fan but I hated Skyward sword. Hopefully the only thing from that game that will be on Wii U is the graphics.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
co fukkin sign.

i swear nintendo has been living in the past for to damn long, its time we start calling them out on their bullshyt

oot was one of the greatest games of all time, how is it that after all theses years and upgrades, its still head and shoulders better than every zelda since? and its not even close, oot is better in EVERY WAY, from enemy design, story, the land, and most of all, the adventure.

nintendo is afraid of change

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Zelda, Metroid, and Mario need to take a fukking break. All them joints are tired as fukk.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Zelda, Metroid, and Mario need to take a fukking break. All them joints are tired as fukk.

nintendo will continue you churn sequel and remake. And lol @ people that hate on activision policies but then praise nintendos business practices :ufdup: . They learned from the masters of this

Kodie

Pro
Daps
You're right. People let nostalgia cloud their judgement.

I look at SMG2/1 and shyt winning game of the year only has me :what:

Your taste lost.

I don't understand what people mean by a grown up Zelda past what it looked like in Twilight Princess. Like what else would you want it to look like? Skyrim? As for innovation, I can't say there's any innovation in Zelda but it's still quality. All the major Nintendo games are some of the most polished, pure fun games out there. There are few other developers that really focus on sussing out the best game mechanics as much as Nintendo developers do.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Your taste lost.

I don't understand what people mean by a grown up Zelda past what it looked like in Twilight Princess. Like what else would you want it to look like? Skyrim? As for innovation, I can't say there's any innovation in Zelda but it's still quality. All the major Nintendo games are some of the most polished, pure fun games out there. There are few other developers that really focus on sussing out the best game mechanics as much as Nintendo developers do.

we mean grown as in not fighting a bunch of monsters that look like mascots for toddler shows on nick jr.

maybe a more adult thought provoking story, and not have to do fetch quest that involve feeding the hungry guardian to proceed.

quit acting like it has to be one extreme or another, yo gaba gaba or skyrim.
and skyward sword was not a quality game

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
nintendo is afraid of change

What do you mean by that?

MM took a dark ass direction. The gameplay had you playing as a Deku, Goron, Zorah, and a god. Had better graphics and yet it's shytted on for being too different, being a side quest, no Ganon, no Zelda, and for having the 3 day time limit (even though it made a lot of fukking sense). It gets shytted on when compared to OOT which I think is unwarranted.

IMO it's on the same level with OOT for what they tried to do.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
we mean grown as in not fighting a bunch of monsters that look like mascots for toddler shows on nick jr.

maybe a more adult thought provoking story, and not have to do fetch quest that involve feeding the hungry guardian to proceed.

quit acting like it has to be one extreme or another, yo gaba gaba or skyrim.
and skyward sword was not a quality game
I'm the one acting extreme but you comparing Zelda to yo gaba gaba? TP was pretty adult. Skyward Sword took a step in another direction as far as art goes but that's a whole other story.

Nobody criticizes all of the other GOTY contenders that have non-thought-provoking stories so I see no reason to pick on Zelda for that. I also don't give a shyt about stories in games but that's me.

As far as fetch quests, you can simplify every game to such a rudimentary premise if you wanted to. GTAs are nothing but fetch quests, CODs are nothing but shoot and push forward until you reach the invisible wall, Uncharted is nothing but an interactive movie (I don't feel this way about any of these games but I also don't think Zelda is one big fetch quest).

Skyward Sword is a really good game outside of being forced to use motion controls.