Zaslav once again trying to sell off WB Games and Mortal Kombat

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
These guys post Midway can't seem to remain under a stable roof. They even moved away from their old location, despite the constant downgrading in office space in that area (though they got a bigger/better spot now). :sadbron:

Hope the next owners have vision beyond the next quarter.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
AT&T loaded Warner Bros up with debt when they spun it off. They have like $43 billion in debt and maybe $11-$15 billion in cash or cash equivalents on hand. They have like $7.4 billion in free cash flow annually. The interest payments on that debt are crushing and as they hold it longer and longer and have to refinance it they'll get worse.

Why did they take on so much of At&t debt but didn't force them to take half when they reorganized?!?:why:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
It's more believable that they would split it imo... regardless I'm sure there's a Japanese company that would love to have Nethereealm Studios. DC Games could definitely be sold at this point

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My dumb ideas:

- Get Rocksteady to make a single player Arkham style game with the Mortal Kombat IP. DLC could be a mimi-sequel (like Miles Morales with a starring a new character)

- Get Portkey to make a Hogwarts sequel. I didn't play it, but it sold 25 mill

- Renew Warrior for one last season (impossible now, I know) so that those creators are happy. Let them do whatever they want, but offer them MK IP for a series on Max

- Doesn't DC own Vertigo comics? Get the Max development team to look into which one of those IPs could be good for a series and find good showrunners for them

- Restrict James Gunn's DC to live action only and create a separate animated only universe

- Let Matt Reeves and his team do more series

- More mainstream documentaries like All Quiet on Set

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

[Q2 2024 earnings] Warner Bros. Discovery posts a $10 bil net loss, gaming revenue has fallen 41% compared to the same quarter last year​

Net loss available to Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. was $(10.0) billion, which includes a $9.1 billion non-cash goodwill
impairment charge from the Networks segment, as well as $2.1 billion of pre-tax acquisition-related amortization of
intangibles, content fair value step-up, and restructuring expenses.
  • The goodwill impairment was triggered in response to the difference between market capitalization and book value, continued softness in the U.S. linear advertising market, and uncertainty related to affiliate and sports rights renewals, including the NBA.
Games revenue declined 41% ex-FX, primarily driven by the weak performance of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League this year,
compared to the strong performance of Hogwarts Legacy in the prior year.

this pretty much explains it

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

[Q2 2024 earnings] Warner Bros. Discovery posts a $10 bil net loss, gaming revenue has fallen 41% compared to the same quarter last year​

Net loss available to Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. was $(10.0) billion, which includes a $9.1 billion non-cash goodwill
impairment charge from the Networks segment, as well as $2.1 billion of pre-tax acquisition-related amortization of
intangibles, content fair value step-up, and restructuring expenses.
  • The goodwill impairment was triggered in response to the difference between market capitalization and book value, continued softness in the U.S. linear advertising market, and uncertainty related to affiliate and sports rights renewals, including the NBA.
Games revenue declined 41% ex-FX, primarily driven by the weak performance of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League this year,
compared to the strong performance of Hogwarts Legacy in the prior year.

this pretty much explains it

Everyone told them that suicide squad game was ass cheeks but they didn't listen..:mjlol:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My dumb ideas:

- Get Rocksteady to make a single player Arkham style game with the Mortal Kombat IP. DLC could be a mimi-sequel (like Miles Morales with a starring a new character)

- Get Portkey to make a Hogwarts sequel. I didn't play it, but it sold 25 mill

- Renew Warrior for one last season (impossible now, I know) so that those creators are happy. Let them do whatever they want, but offer them MK IP for a series on Max

- Doesn't DC own Vertigo comics? Get the Max development team to look into which one of those IPs could be good for a series and find good showrunners for them

- Restrict James Gunn's DC to live action only and create a separate animated only universe

- Let Matt Reeves and his team do more series

- More mainstream documentaries like All Quiet on Set

:whoo: