B̶o̶y̶c̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶t̶k̶i̶n̶s̶
A̶f̶r̶i̶c̶a̶n̶s̶
H̶a̶l̶f̶r̶i̶c̶a̶n̶s̶
C̶a̶r̶i̶b̶b̶e̶a̶n̶s̶
P̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶f̶r̶i̶c̶a̶n̶i̶s̶t̶s̶
S̶u̶n̶s̶h̶i̶n̶e̶
L̶a̶u̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶
H̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶

I'm not saying I don't understand some beefs, but if your platform is focused more on finding yet another black person or group to tear down rather than the fight for reparations??? If every week you find your self hollering "You're trying to smear me!" but every week you're shytting on yet another 'enemy' without provocation??? At what point do you look in the mirror?
full
Boyce did a video on their beef earlier today it looks like and he spoke soooo much truth into this post :ohlawd:timestamped

His emotions got the best of him though so it's high key hilarious :laff: but solid points regardless

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Boyce did a video on their beef earlier today it looks like and he spoke soooo much truth into this post :ohlawd:timestamped

His emotions got the best of him though so it's high key hilarious :laff: but solid points regardless

FOH Boyce!! We don't want to hear your bullshyt no more. He's just mad because he has no say so in the ADOS movement and we don't want him.

AIN'T NO SACRED COWS IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY.

We don't have the luxury of having sacred cows. Any can be subject to critique. Criticism is not attacks. Take it how you want it.

Boyce really injecting some bullshyt. "she is a hurt women. maybe it's a competition thing with men."
:stopitslime:

She has defended black men numerous times when those Root articles come out shytting on brothers not being on educated black women's "Level".

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I read this post and the one further down where you quoted her comments from 2016. I'm a bit shocked that her views on this topic could completely change in such a relatively short amount of time.
located the clip
cued

I posted an older huff post article of hers that was in sharp contrast to some of her current views, but it was from 10 years ago. Life experiences can often turn us from idealistic young people to practical older people.
The 180 on "race identity politics" in 3 years is startling, though.

She said as she learned more she changed her mind. Getting with Tone and the information he brought probably changed her mind. She was a big Bernie supporter in 2016 and felt his policies would be the best for black people at the time.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
FOH Boyce!! We don't want to hear your bullshyt no more. He's just mad because he has no say so in the ADOS movement and we don't want him.

AIN'T NO SACRED COWS IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY.

We don't have the luxury of having sacred cows. Any can be subject to critique. Criticism is not attacks. Take it how you want it.

Boyce really injecting some bullshyt. "she is a hurt women. maybe it's a competition thing with men."
:stopitslime:

She has defended black men numerous times when those Root articles come out shytting on brothers not being on educated black women's "Level".
He's making a lot of those same points, about sacred cows and being up to criticism, etc.

He's not even talking down on her, just saying (rightfully so, seeing how he IS ADOS) how things are going wrong with the ADOS movement.

I'm a bit further into the video and he credits Yvette for being brilliant and disagreed with Talib trying to say ADOS supporters are Trump fans

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
She said as she learned more she changed her mind. Getting with Tone and the information he brought probably changed her mind. She was a big Bernie supporter in 2016 and felt his policies would be the best for black people at the time.
She changed her mind about more than just supporting Bernie Sanders,though.

• She called out "race identity politics" THREE years ago.
  • Criticized T. Coates for calling for "reparations for Black people"
  • From that in 2016, to #ADOS.....and a public push for reparations to then publicly criticizing Sellers for "not pushing strongly enough for reparations for ADOS"
WTF?

Your response made me go back and watch the vid I posted to make sure that full comments loaded.

My congressman is a co-sponsor of HR40 and one of my Senators just introduced a version of that bill to the Senate. The ball is rolling and I was going to steer clear of threads about the topic, to be honest. Since you quoted me, I'll ask a question I asked before. I posted pdfs of the HR40 as introduced by John Conyers in his last term in Congress. I posted the bill as introduced this year by the official HANDPICKED
by Conyers to carry the baton for him.
version introduced this year 2019

previous version "]

I wanted to know what difference existed between the two versions of the bill? Yvette Carnell OPENLY advocated for the passing of HR40 as late as early 2019. Recently she no longer supports it. I've looked over the version of the bill when she was advocating for it, and the most recent one and found no noticeable difference.
Has she ever addressed this?

Last edited:

saturn7

Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
She changed her mind about more than just supporting Bernie Sanders,though.

• She called out "race identity politics" THREE years ago.
  • Criticized Bakari Sellers for calling for "reparations for Black people"
  • From that in 2016, to #ADOS.....and a public push for reparations to then publicly criticizing Sellers for "not pushing strongly enough for reparations for ADOS"
WTF?

Your response made me go back and watch the vid I posted to make sure that full comments loaded.

My congressman is a co-sponsor of HR40 and one of my Senators just introduced a version of that bill to the Senate. The ball is rolling and I was going to steer clear of threads about the topic, to be honest. Since you quoted me, I'll ask a question I asked before. I posted pdfs of the HR40 as introduced by John Conyers in his last term in Congress. I posted the bill as introduced this year by the official HANDPICKED
by Conyers to carry the baton for him.
version introduced this year 2019

previous version "]

I wanted to know what difference existed between the two versions of the bill? Yvette Carnell OPENLY advocated for the passing of HR40 as late as early 2019. Recently she no longer supports it. I've looked over the version of the bill when she was advocating for it, and the most recent one and found no noticeable difference.
Has she ever addressed this?

I'm not sure.

There is a legit criticism of "race identity politics". The best example
I can think of is someone like Kamala Harris.

A "woman of color" who fills a lot of diversity quotas but her policy resume is pretty status quo (capitalism, private ins industry, pro-Police, pro Big Banks).

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

So breh reads the article aloud here and :whew: it's not a good look. In a nutshell, Talib had never heard of Yvette or #ADOS and she came at him incorrect, leading to her followers doing the same, so now he has the wrong idea of what it is on certain fronts and has essentially declared war on the movement.

Now in fairness and honesty, I saw another video where a brother was trying to be respectful with Talib and was snapping on breh too, so it's not as if he's innocent in this whole ordeal... But this is the problem with Yvette Carnell. This shyt should have NEVER became what it is. All he said is supports reparations and thinks there should be a plan. Yvette could have kindly plugged/referred him to ados101.com and it would've been a completely different energy.

But nah :snoop: now he's on some whole other shyt and people are swearing up and down he isnt an ADOS. The damage is irreparable.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So breh reads the article aloud here and :whew: it's not a good look. In a nutshell, Talib had never heard of Yvette or #ADOS and she came at him incorrect, leading to her followers doing the same, so now he has the wrong idea of what it is on certain fronts and has essentially declared war on the movement.

Now in fairness and honesty, I saw another video where a brother was trying to be respectful with Talib and was snapping on breh too, so it's not as if he's innocent in this whole ordeal... But this is the problem with Yvette Carnell. This shyt should have NEVER became what it is. All he said is supports reparations and thinks there should be a plan. Yvette could have kindly plugged/referred him to ados101.com and it would've been a completely different energy.

But nah :snoop: now he's on some whole other shyt and people are swearing up and down he isnt an ADOS. The damage is irreparable.

Yvette is not emotionally stable. This whole thing will fall under its own weight.

All these internet hashtag a$$holes will move on to something else after 2020.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Yvette is not emotionally stable. This whole thing will fall under its own weight.

All these internet hashtag a$$holes will move on to something else after 2020.
I don't have anything against anyone for reparation, my issue with Yvette specifically. He ego and inability to be tactful are spiraling out of control and yeah, that might be due to her emotional stability.

I want reparations to continue to be a topic and more importantly an effort beyond 2020.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
That may be true but that's not why this shyt jumped off. The smoke was brought to him.

Nothing big will jump off based off of this, Kweli is not that relevant and his criticisms are shallow. If people don't want to deal with Yvette or Tone then they can easily interact with Sandy Darity, he is always on Twitter and willing to engage.

Folks getting into pissing contests unfortunately prevalent throughout twitter, but in relation to #ADOS there is a clear cut proverbial "adult in the room" if folks want to avoid that type of interaction, but it is very telling when that alternative option is not taken.