Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Its almost impossible to tank your way into 3 stars though. One or two top players will have you competing for a playoff spot so you wont be in the lottery anymore.

Thats when you have to try to get lucky with a late pick, trade, or signing.
I know winning is cool and we're above .500........ but this was the worst year to do it. We just got to hope they got something planned...... idk
I agree with this; and I even give him credit for trying to stay out the way when he brought Phil aboard; only problem was that Phil was so colossally bad at the job that by the end, we were begging Dolan to step in and do something.
Phil wanted to trade KP for Tatum or Booker though...... He was a visionary

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I know winning is cool and we're above .500........ but this was the worst year to do it. We just got to hope they got something planned...... idk

Yeah that trade would've worked. But, he was also stupidly married to the triangle offense and it limited his view on coaching candidates. Hornacek only got the job because Phil knew there was no way he could trot out Kurt Rambis as the coach with his horrific record. Not to mention how he seemed to be good at pissing off players (potential free agents) to the point that nobody was ever going to want to come here. Not that we're a free agent destination now, but we're at least on an upswing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sometimes you gotta trust the people who are actually there to see the things that we don't see, and we had to learn the hard way unfortunately. This year has kind of absolved Phil (and Steve Mills too to be real).

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
and for some reason, you got ppl in here that wanna tank and lose even more:russ:

I don't think this is sustainable :hubie:

Randle may be legit, but him playing 40 min a game may burn him out.

Now if RJ turns out to be a legit AS, Knicks may be contenders in the next 2-4 years, but y'all looking like a second round exit w/ no avenue to get a franchise player(no top FA's these next couple of years sans Kawhi). :ld:

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
I am hearing whispers of Drummond & Dotson coming home to NY (Austin Rivers and Knox being mentioned). I am reaching out to my sources now and will keep you all posted.

Also, Payton to Orlando heating up. Toronto called about Frank again and Knicks sent them to voicemail

:ehh:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I am hearing whispers of Drummond & Dotson coming home to NY (Austin Rivers and Knox being mentioned). I am reaching out to my sources now and will keep you all posted.

Also, Payton to Orlando heating up. Toronto called about Frank again and Knicks sent them to voicemail

:russ: I’m not sure if you’re fukking around

but I called Payton to Orlando :ehh: so I wouldn’t be surprised

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Lmao where did this narrative come from. he's always been talented his knees aint worth a damn tho
I wouldnt want him here cause if he cant make a rotation on a terrible basketball team why would he work here
You're speaking more accurately than me.

I wrongly judged him based on one thing I read; his statement on not being paid to play defense.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

I wouldn't be mad at that at all. Smart move.