Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Fournier's reported asking price is too much for my taste (4/80). I've got a sinking feeling that this is gonna be a slow FA...Rose and co. got that tortoise philosophy so far. "Slow and steady wins the race" ass approach. Watch 'em just wait and pick up guys on short deals after other teams choose other players. Gonna wind up with Goran Dragic, Ben Mclemore, and Corey Joseph on 1+1 prove it deals :mjlol:
Can’t we still sign him to that and get a max guy next year? That would leave us with $35 million in cap this year that you can throw at Lowry on a one year deal. (Obviously he’d have to take it, at most he’s being offered starting is 28 and change)

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Can’t we still sign him to that and get a max guy next year? That would leave us with $35 million in cap this year that you can through at Lowry on a one year deal. (Obviously he’d have to take it, at most he’s being offered starting is 28 and change)

You're right that we could pull that off, but I wouldn't want to go that length for him. I could see him on a gap deal. I definitely don't mind the idea of a Lowry/Fournier offseason, with them being the bridges to a long term core pieces. But it's not my favorite approach if the deals run 3 and 4 years long without opt-outs.

And, of course I dig this. I almost prefer him to LA though if it gets him a ring.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
You're right that we could pull that off, but I wouldn't want to go that length for him. I could see him on a gap deal. I definitely don't mind the idea of a Lowry/Fournier offseason, with them being the bridges to a long term core pieces. But it's not my favorite approach if the deals run 3 and 4 years long without opt-outs.

And, of course I dig this. I almost prefer him to LA though if it gets him a ring.

Go to LA get your ring and come back whenever you ready to retire Capt:salute:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Would love for Melo to come home & retire here. I hope it happens

@Mr. Jack Napier

It's time you fully come home bro

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Bulls throw cash at Lonzo, I wonder what it'd cost to grab Lauri without 'em matching. He could be a bargain type third big that actually stretches the floor.
He was asking for 20+ a year last summer.

I feel like we’ll get something from another team throwing cash at him in a sign and trade.