Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Man. I'm a Bulls fan that came over to watch Derrick/Taj/Thibs.

But I love everyone on this roster now sans Payton. During that win streak Obi and Quickley were getting extra shots in after the game. It's easy to see that and be like ok this is just PR let's see what happens in the playoffs.

But then they come in game 1 with no fear :wow:. Honing the crowd's energy, knocking down those shots they've practiced. :wow:. I thought Thibs was supposed to be bad with rookies? Derrick got them ready too. He went on the 2nd unit with them, started finding Obi, took Quick under his wing etc. Made it a focus of his to mentor the young guys. They came in ready ready.

I've been a fan of Randle since he was in NO getting extra playing time cus bytch ass AD was injured. I had him on my fantasy team and watched him develop his feel for the game, floor vision, confidence etc. When he went to the Knicks I saw how he transformed his body. Turned himself into a killing machine. And now he can splash jumpers :wow: can't wait for him to play to his level this series.

RJ has the demeanor of a general. That kid is ready for war. His dad prepped him right. He'll put it together. That dunk in game 1 said it all. Also Thibs trusts him- that's a testament to his work ethic. He's got him in that Luol Deng, Jimmy Butler glue role. 48 mpg lmao

Reggie fukking Bullock is the perfect 3 and D guy. No fear. He was the difference last night. Even knew that clipping Hunter could act as a turning point. I love it.

Alec Burks? Bucket. He has always been underrated. There's been several instances in his career where he was forced into a bigger offensive role due to injuries and played really well. He's got a full 3 level offensive game, which is perfect for playoff basketball. He's confident in his skillset.

Noel is doing what he was always meant to- defensive menace. Seems to relish the role too. He challenges everything- that's why he gets injured all the time. He's meeting someone at the rim at every opportunity. Doing that after all the injuries he's been through takes extra tenacity. Thibs is the perfect coach for him.

I can't emphasize enough how perfect a marriage this is. Thibs set his tone, got everyone to buy in, then brought in the Ace mid season. It's one thing to play great defense, play hard for your brothers, finish a little bit above 500 and celebrate the creation of a culture that you hope to build upon going forward. It's another to add a living legend with the backstory of DRose who ALSO happens to be Thibs' #1 shooter. Thibs instructed the whole Knicks roster on his methodology. They bought in and started embodying it. And THEN they added one of the best leaders of all time, who embodies Thibs' process more than anyone else ever can. As humans, seeing is believing, and the rest of the Knicks can look at Derrick and see the finished product of what Thibs preaches, and buy in even further. They WANT to work. They see the results.

Taj....I can't even say words about Taj man. Noel went down last game and I thought that's fine.....Taj can play all 48.

Then you mix in all these NY connections.....Thibs, Taj, Obi's mom crying in the stands. The Knicks playing and winning the exact way all the fans have been yearning for for years. That's what I mean by perfect marriage. It's not just that Thibs is an effective coach- it's also that his style is EXACTLY what Knicks culture craves. This roster is top to bottom built to perfection for NY fans.

I'm loving this ride man. Happy for you guys.

:wow::wow: Damn breh. What a post

Got a breh :mjcry:

y’all gonna be right back in the mix soon enough too :salute:

y’all need a pg, Payton for LaVine... who says no :ahh:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My bench elfrid rotation would just be to use Rose as starter and let Burks/IQ run the second unit backcourt. That worked whenever it was needed with Rose out hurt. Frank can get spot minutes at the 3 if need be and that could get him warmed up a bit in case of defensive subs late.
i prefer to start frank because rose really vibes with the young boys and gets them in a groove.
but starting rose is cool.too. he clearly earned it.

all in all, we just cant afford to start payton anymore. hes reaching dennis smith levels

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i prefer to start frank because rose really vibes with the young boys and gets them in a groove.

all in all, we just cant afford to start payton anymore. hes reaching dennis smith levels

I def feel you there. Obi’s confidence looks different since Rose started feeding him. I’m hoping IQ can can help there since he and obi have chemistry.

It’s def anything to keep Payton out and the floor spaced for me. I’d take frank starting too for sure, that’s my guy.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Man. I'm a Bulls fan that came over to watch Derrick/Taj/Thibs.

But I love everyone on this roster now sans Payton. During that win streak Obi and Quickley were getting extra shots in after the game. It's easy to see that and be like ok this is just PR let's see what happens in the playoffs.

But then they come in game 1 with no fear :wow:. Honing the crowd's energy, knocking down those shots they've practiced. :wow:. I thought Thibs was supposed to be bad with rookies? Derrick got them ready too. He went on the 2nd unit with them, started finding Obi, took Quick under his wing etc. Made it a focus of his to mentor the young guys. They came in ready ready.

I've been a fan of Randle since he was in NO getting extra playing time cus bytch ass AD was injured. I had him on my fantasy team and watched him develop his feel for the game, floor vision, confidence etc. When he went to the Knicks I saw how he transformed his body. Turned himself into a killing machine. And now he can splash jumpers :wow: can't wait for him to play to his level this series.

RJ has the demeanor of a general. That kid is ready for war. His dad prepped him right. He'll put it together. That dunk in game 1 said it all. Also Thibs trusts him- that's a testament to his work ethic. He's got him in that Luol Deng, Jimmy Butler glue role. 48 mpg lmao

Reggie fukking Bullock is the perfect 3 and D guy. No fear. He was the difference last night. Even knew that clipping Hunter could act as a turning point. I love it.

Alec Burks? Bucket. He has always been underrated. There's been several instances in his career where he was forced into a bigger offensive role due to injuries and played really well. He's got a full 3 level offensive game, which is perfect for playoff basketball. He's confident in his skillset.

Noel is doing what he was always meant to- defensive menace. Seems to relish the role too. He challenges everything- that's why he gets injured all the time. He's meeting someone at the rim at every opportunity. Doing that after all the injuries he's been through takes extra tenacity. Thibs is the perfect coach for him.

I can't emphasize enough how perfect a marriage this is. Thibs set his tone, got everyone to buy in, then brought in the Ace mid season. It's one thing to play great defense, play hard for your brothers, finish a little bit above 500 and celebrate the creation of a culture that you hope to build upon going forward. It's another to add a living legend with the backstory of DRose who ALSO happens to be Thibs' #1 shooter. Thibs instructed the whole Knicks roster on his methodology. They bought in and started embodying it. And THEN they added one of the best leaders of all time, who embodies Thibs' process more than anyone else ever can. As humans, seeing is believing, and the rest of the Knicks can look at Derrick and see the finished product of what Thibs preaches, and buy in even further. They WANT to work. They see the results.

Taj....I can't even say words about Taj man. Noel went down last game and I thought that's fine.....Taj can play all 48.

Then you mix in all these NY connections.....Thibs, Taj, Obi's mom crying in the stands. The Knicks playing and winning the exact way all the fans have been yearning for for years. That's what I mean by perfect marriage. It's not just that Thibs is an effective coach- it's also that his style is EXACTLY what Knicks culture craves. This roster is top to bottom built to perfection for NY fans.

I'm loving this ride man. Happy for you guys.

I felt this post right here. :wow:

Dap and rep

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY

You could even go with Burks at PG to start if anything. :manny: