YouTuber PewDiePie made $7 million in 2014

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
I remember this vice doc about gaming millionaires. African dude from the UK made millions off YouTube and playing FiFA :wow:

He a cornball

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Props to the dude, he is not aimed at me, he knows his market and knows how to cater to them. The amount of content he puts out, the editing, shooting etc etc, it's not easy.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I can't understand this youtube business model, They don't make any profit but people are caking from it.

:mindblown: This I.T. money man. You can become a million off of nothing.
What do you mean no profit? Companies pay youtube to advertise no different than if you were watching an AD on TV. How are yall so behind on the times and understanding of this?

-Company pays youtube to advertise.
-Youtube shares % with whoever allows them to share that advertisement on their video.
-youtuber can select to show ads or not
-if selects to show ads on their video, whenever someone watches the video/ad, the youtuber gets the % youtube set aside for them

Its seriously, really, not that fukkin complicated..

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
it's kids. kids will watch the same thing over and over again relentlessly because it makes them happy.

This channel is literally someone opening toys, they have 7 billion cumulative views
https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyCollectorBR/about

This channel is a kid opening up toys and playing with them, 1 billion cumulative views
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvanTubeHD/about

Here's the double dip catch, kids are dumb enough to click on ads, so the $$$ generated is way more impactful vs. adult views where people run ad block or know what an ad is.
I want to be mad at how simplistic the thing is but I just have to respect the hustle. :ehh:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
What do you mean no profit? Companies pay youtube to advertise no different than if you were watching an AD on TV. How are yall so behind on the times and understanding of this?

-Company pays youtube to advertise.
-Youtube shares % with whoever allows them to share that advertisement on their video.
-youtuber can select to show ads or not
-if selects to show ads on their video, whenever someone watches the video/ad, the youtuber gets the % youtube set aside for them

Its seriously, really, not that fukkin complicated..

what about the expenses YouTube incurs?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
what about the expenses YouTube incurs?
They give a very small % of the ad money to the youtubers.

Youtube itself "might be taking a loss" but google owns youtube and the ads are through google ads. You cant even get paid out without a google adsense/adwords account. So google is using youtube to make billions a year.

If a company is broke, they cant pay people. Youtube cashes out millions a month, so they obviously making millions a month to pay it out.

Edit: youtube "not turning a profit" is like NFL owners saying they arent turning a profit :heh: youtube makes google billions in PROFIT let alone revenue.

Daps
He got the young kid and teen gamer girls market on lock.

I cant hate:yeshrug:

I find him a lil corny but he seem like a good dude... he making millions playing video games and his girlfriend is bomb:takedat:

props:jawalrus:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
My lil brother rather watch these idiots play than play the damn games himself :snoop:
I gave up trying to get the kid to play, but they got these lil kids hooked on dumb quotables.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It's poor parenting. My nieces are obsessed with a bytch unwrapping Disney toys :dwillhuh:.

I get pissed when I see them on smart devices with their faces stuff up against a screen :snoop:

How is that poor parenting?

Yeah but when is youtube going to make money? They have never broke even. This is the part I'm trying to wrap my head around.
You are overrating profits

They just need to be able to make enough money to pay their bills when they come due

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
:dead:

But seriously... why not? Get him into video media/editing and you're actually looking out for him. Especially if he is already interested in that kind of thing.
Bro my sons breh is jacksepticeye. Like this lil dude straight thinks they friends and shyt. Like if u say his name wrong he'll hit you with the :francis:

asking for games this dude suggest and everything