Youtuber MrBeast pays to cure blindness for 1000 people and wants to make billions to give away to charity

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this criticism of "the system" is valid, but... what does that have to do with MrBeast?

If you have a problem with the system, you need to go talk to your congressman. Except good luck with that because this Congress is gonna spend the next two years focusing on Hunter Biden's dikk pics and why DirecTV dropped Newsmax.

What MrBeast is way faster and way more efficient than "advocating for M4A."

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He's worth over $100,000,000, owns 5+ homes and a fleet of luxury cars, constantly makes videos living the high life eating the most expensive food on Earth and staying in the most expensive hotels he can find, yet people really think he does this shyt out of some desire for equality and not for clout.

Everything about his life is only possible because of the exact inequalities he claims to be against.

And he started giving away charity for videos cause it got attention and makes him a shytload of money. He only switched it up to this means of clout after trying 1000 other ways of gaining clout. But the actual shyt he does is usually inefficient as hell and never addresses the root issues with the system, he just aims for things that are easiest to market like, "curing blind people!" or "planting trees!" or "cleaning up the ocean!" becauase they lead to clicks.

lol. His videos on average cost around a million dollars to produce and he didn't do this until 10 years into his career, how the fukk is this "faster and more efficient"?

"Faster and more efficient" would be if he had been funding actual grassroots health care initiatives from the moment he started making money, instead of only doing it once in a blue moon when he wants to make content. He could easily have helped 10x as many people with 1/10th the funds if he had done it low-key and worked to improve systems rather than trying to make a video go viral for profit.

Look at the comments and you'll see a huge number of MrBeast fans say shyt like, "This is why government sucks! Private charity is better!" He's perpetuating the notion that rich people deserve to hoard money and power and it should be up to them to decide when they toss out a little charity for the masses so we will grovel at their feet.

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
TYT made a media empire with M4A videos .
The Weather Channel made an empire on exploiting hurricanes and blizzards:troll:

People criticize Mr.Beast because he's self-righteous and has an annoying attitude, there are thousands of wealthy people that are more generous than him and don't advertise a zany youtube show where they are the host. Also, there's a rising sentiment on the far left that philanthropy/non-profit organizations are a roadblock to real structural change and that labor and capital should be put towards 'curing the disease, rather than treating it'.

Many activists carry out their work as employees of or with the assistance of non-profit organizations. Many of their goals need money in order to be achieved, and nonprofits are registered with the government in order to be allowed to receive large amounts of money legally. These activist nonprofits usually get money from even bigger nonprofits, which are connected to big businesses and rich people who control industries. But because many activists criticize things in society that businesses and rich people support, they might not get the money if they are too critical. So in order to stay funded, they may have to change the ideas they have for improving society to be more acceptable to industry.

People who believe these kinds of relationships between activists and industries are harmful to activism use the term non-profit industrial complex as a faster way to discuss these relationships, instead of explaining the whole system each time. They have written many articles and books describing the effects of the NPIC by studying patterns of funding or discussing how the goals of some activists changed once their movements began to receive more money.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Two things can be true:

He did a good thing for many people
It shouldn’t be that he has to do it.

That he does is a disgrace actually.

Ganso Bomb

All Star
Daps
"Bbbbut he's making money off it. He's not doing it from the pure kindness of his heart:sadbron:"

Who gives a fukk?:mjlol:
He cured ONE THOUSAND people's blindness. What he did in that video had a bigger positive impact than anything 99% of people will ever do in their life.

"He's exploiting them:damn:"

Do you honestly think anyone in this video will regret this? Of course not. They're just happy they can see the faces of their family and friends again.

Greed

Pro
Daps
"Bbbbut he's making money off it. He's not doing it from the pure kindness of his heart:sadbron:"

He cured ONE THOUSAND people's blindness. What he did in that video had a bigger positive impact than anything 99% of people will ever do in their life.

Do you honestly think anyone in this video will regret this? Of course not. They're just happy they can see the faces of their family and friends again.

Exactly what I was typing

Folks are way too caught up pocket watching

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps

Right, I don’t give a fukk what his reasoning is. If he actually cured people’s blindness l, even if it was less than one thousand that’s good and hopefully something he keeps doing. If he does it for clout or gets an ego boost, them people he help don’t give a fukk lol rightfully so. Donald Trump is a white supremacist and I hate him, but I can say him giving money to HBCUs was a good thing even tho it definitely was for clout. At the end of the day tho it’s about the result and if anybody was actually helped

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
This dude is the epitome of white privilege.

Dude started off with no money and just asked companies to send him hundreds of thousands of dollars.

He never paid for anything, it was all gifted money.

Now they send him millions just for being a CAC.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Whilst MrBeast’s charity is definitely self serving and done for attention/income, if you’re a beneficiary of it, I’m sure you’re not gonna care.

There is a larger discussion to be had about how the healthcare system is being ran for profit (this is a hot topic here in the UK as the government are trying to privatize our health service) but I wouldn’t want a random YouTuber being the person to drive that change. I would want qualified professionals that understand legislation and the health care system to be running with that baton. Sure, he could fund some initiatives (and he may be, for all I know) but I always get weary of YouTubers that try to present themselves as “leaders” in any capacity.

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
Even if he makes money off of the charity, he could always not donate to charity and still make money…He’s doing good, and probably more good than I will do in a thousand life times. I’m conflicted though, filming acts of kindness is just not something I can respect.

“When you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing”

:manny: