Youth Curfew to go into effect in Newark, NJ /* begins May 3rd

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hell, should really be 9pm everyday. No reason for kids to be outside that late without their parents with them.
Ehh, I was out that late. Might hit a weekday basketball game, some were at night. Y’all go get some food before heading back home. I believe in age and developmentally appropriate curfews. A high school teen being out at 10 is appropriate whereas a 13 year old, not so much.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Its-10pm-Do-You-Know-Where-Your-Kids-Are-768x432.jpg

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Ehh, I was out that late. Might hit a weekday basketball game, some were at night. Y’all go get some food before heading back home. I believe in age and developmentally appropriate curfews. A high school teen being out at 10 is appropriate whereas a 13 year old, not so much.
What is a teen realistically going to do at 10 pm by themselves or with only other teens that is productive? Even if they were doing something productive it could be done during the daytime. If they are getting out of an event at night they should be supervised by adults.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
LONG fukkING OVERDUE

IRVINGTON NEEDS THE SAME THING

the gang shyt has been a HUGE problem since 2001

they repping California STREETS in Newark and IRVINGTON . HOW DUMB!

maybe this gives me a reason to go back home.

i dont want to see the ignorance!
I don't think you go this far back, but I think they used to call Irv. "Ghost town" back in the day, because they enforced a strict youth curfew. Wouldn't find a soul on the streets at night.

Last edited:

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
I don't think you go this far back. I don't either, but I think they used to call Irv. "Ghost town" back in the day, because they enforced a strict youth curfew. Wouldn't find a soul on the streets at night.
Yeah Im aware of Irvington being called Ghost Town. Im a 90s Springfield Avenue Child

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yeah Im aware of Irvington being called Ghost Town. Im a 90s Springfield Avenue Child
They have to go back to that. Several cities around the country will likely begin youth curfews this year. Have to protect people from themselves, as apparently some of the parents don't have control of their households.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What is a teen realistically going to do at 10 pm by themselves or with only other teens that is productive? Even if they were doing something productive it could be done during the daytime. If they are getting out of an event at night they should be supervised by adults.
Our parents did not come with us to games or movies, etc. parents hovering over their teens is why we have so many socially dysfunctional adults now. And if we talking weekends, parties, dances, movies, sporting events, concerts, etc are all reasons to be out with just your friends.