Your reaction when you heard Nas's Hate Me Now?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
When Nas launched into that third verse :wow:

It's not my favorite Nas song by a longshot, but it's dope and one of his best 'amped up' songs. Plus it hurt so many feelings :heh:

Razzay

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember behind the scenes of this joint Puff said - nas told him to bring ALL the jewelery.

That white mink Puff lent to Nas in the video was ridiculous. Puff spitting out and pouring out $1200 bottles of crystal like it was nothing with white tigers chillin in the VIP was just outright flossing to the max.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
my fav nas song, and probably my fav all time video

puff n nas were on that next lvl sh-t in this video. coming out the drop top bently wearing those full fur coats into the club, spillin cristal not giving a f

:takedat:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
so biggie can make songs with puffy screaming on all of them and jay can drop that doo doo song city is mine and everything's fine, but when it's nas he's a sellout... interresting. I don't even imagine what people would have think if nasty would have joined bad boy in 93

I'm not a fan of diddy but the chorus was ill, the beat was ill and the lyrics were ill, matter of fact all p diddy nas collabs were dope (journey through the life, everything I love)

Last edited:

Constantine

Et in Arcadia ego...
Daps
Reppin
The "BUCKEYE" Nation
I thought it was a regression. I'd bought Illmatic, and It Was Written beforehand, and then he came with some just extravgant, superfluous flossing. With It Was Written he managed to be lyrical, but was able to broaden his fanbase. Hate Me Now, and his subsquent album I Am felt like to me he was putting lyrics to the backseat, and just focusing on being pop.

nawshus

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Indifferent to an average song, best thing about it is Puff adlibs & the sample. Nas flow and presence on that song is garbage. Big would've turned it into victory pt 2 but Nas na, he's just not in his element on this song.

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
HIGHFIVE.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Commercial garbage. I thought wow, nas sold out on this one and then the title of the song made sense to me so i did as he instructed me to.

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Something about this song got under the skin of those Rawkus rappidy rap enthusiasts...and I luuhhhhed it.

This is why nikkas stunt, to get that kind of negative reaction. It was an inspiring moment.

:pacspit: @ the ‘what they do‘ video