"Your modern Marvel fan don't remember the X Men- Capcom Director

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Some of you need to be able to tell the difference between your opinion and reality.

DOFP is a top 10 cbm,logan is top 5 and the first 2 x men were instrumental in the revival in popularity of the comic book film genre.

Even if you don't agree with DOFP and logan being that good,they're widely celebrated as great films by the majority regardless of personal rankings.

look at the direction they took the X-Men films from the gate? They didn't match the comics at all. The most popular characters in the X-Men franchise (rogue, storm, sabertooth, etc.) were very poorly represented. Some kid might see X-Men vs Street fighter and see Rogue tearing shyt up, and its not going match his reality and experience. They took 30 years branding and merchandise, and just tossed it out the window.

Furthermore, the X-Men movies are way too adult for children. When I was a kid, all the kids I knew had seen very adult movies like Nightmare on Elm St and RoboCop. Flashforward to today, All the parents my age (I have kids so I hang around with mostly parents) refuse to take their kids to watch adult movies now. Kids arent seeing movies like Logan or DOFP. It's crazy because I clearly remember RoboCop action figures, and clearly remember that nearly everyone at my grade school had seen RoboCop.

The fact of the matter is. All the kids in my family like iron Man, Justice League, Gaurdians of the Galaxy, but they are not checking for X-Men. It's because of the work that Disney/Marvel have done in reaching out to them. Whereas Fox is taken the franchise in a different direction.

If new generation isn't checking for X-Men, there is no sense in investing in the brand anymore because it's already dead.

My kids are all under 6 years old, when I look at toys and clothes for them, I don't see much of anything from X-Men that is directly to them. I see a whole lot of Iron Man, Spiderman and of course Justice League.

Unless something drastic happens, the X-Men is just footnote in history.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
look at the direction they took the X-Men films from the gate? They didn't match the comics at all. The most popular characters in the X-Men franchise (rogue, storm, sabertooth, etc.) were very poorly represented. Some kid might see X-Men vs Street fighter and see Rogue tearing shyt up, and its not going match his reality and experience. They took 30 years branding and merchandise, and just tossed it out the window.

Furthermore, the X-Men movies are way too adult for children. When I was a kid, all the kids I knew had seen very adult movies like Nightmare on Elm St and RoboCop. Flashforward to today, All the parents my age (I have kids so I hang around with mostly parents) refuse to take their kids to watch adult movies now. Kids arent seeing movies like Logan or DOFP. It's crazy because I clearly remember RoboCop action figures, and clearly remember that nearly everyone at my grade school had seen RoboCop.

The fact of the matter is. All the kids in my family like iron Man, Justice League, Gaurdians of the Galaxy, but they are not checking for X-Men. It's because of the work that Disney/Marvel have done in reaching out to them. Whereas Fox is taken the franchise in a different direction.

If new generation isn't checking for X-Men, there is no sense in investing in the brand anymore because it's already dead.

My kids are all under 6 years old, when I look at toys and clothes for them, I don't see much of anything from X-Men that is directly to them. I see a whole lot of Iron Man, Spiderman and of course Justice League.

Unless something drastic happens, the X-Men is just footnote in history.
Yeah,you're delusional.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Yeah,you're delusional.

35+ year olds care about X-men, in 5 years they will be 40. Then 45, then 50, then they will be dead. Then who is going care about the X-Men?

They need to focus the new generation.

You're the delusional one. Thank God you aren't making financial decisions at marvel/Disney.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
35+ year olds care about X-men, in 5 years they will be 40. Then 45, then 50, then they will be dead. Then who is going care about the X-Men?

You're the delusional one. Thank God you aren't making financial decisions at marvel/Disney.
:huhldup: been thinking i was in my 20s this whole time.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

The vast majority of people that watch comic book films from any studio,and reads comics,is over the age of 25.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Damn so I'm freshly 31...should I not care about them either?

Look homie I understand what your argument but like @Dominic Brehetto said, you're taking your opinion of the films--which is valid because its your opinion--and saying its gospel and how everyone feels. That's just not reality. The X men movies have been some of the most popular comic book movies since 2000, and minus three movies, all critically well received. So to assume there's no juice in the franchise or that kids aren't into it is short sighted. If you're talking about your kids and the kids you know, great. But you can't use your experience to speak for the rest of the world

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
so¿
do some left field shyt
cats like x-man(nate grey)vulcan(the whole summers family fukk it) skaar daken gladiator guardian puck wendigo(alpha flight is slept on) blue marvel sentry adam warlock angel with the blue skin and metal wings kane scarlett spider blade bishop etc.
you don't have to keep doing the same boring shyt if the game is piff it'll move units

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Damn so I'm freshly 31...should I not care about them either?

Look homie I understand what your argument but like @Dominic Brehetto said, you're taking your opinion of the films--which is valid because its your opinion--and saying its gospel and how everyone feels. That's just not reality. The X men movies have been some of the most popular comic book movies since 2000, and minus three movies, all critically well received. So to assume there's no juice in the franchise or that kids aren't into it is short sighted. If you're talking about your kids and the kids you know, great. But you can't use your experience to speak for the rest of the world

You're absolutely right. But, Disney has access to very detailed sales and demographic data that we don't have access to. I really want to just point that these forums, and nearly all forums are populated by single 25-35 men, but the world simply doesn't revolve around the demographic. Females and children, while becoming less important, are still the biggest forces in consumer products.

I see trends happening with kids that most 35 and 25 years old have absolutely no knowledge of. For example, Dave and Ava is something that all kids (under 7 years old) world-wide are going to remember for the rest of their lives. I seriously doubt many single 35 year old men know what that is.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're absolutely right. But, Disney has access to very detailed sales and demographic data that we don't have access to. I really want to just point that these forums, and nearly all forums are populated by single 25-35 men, but the world simply doesn't revolve around the demographic. Females and children, while becoming less important, are still the biggest forces in consumer products.

I see trends happening with kids that most 35 and 25 years old have absolutely no knowledge of. For example, Dave and Ava is something that all kids (under 7 years old) world-wide are going to remember for the rest of their lives. I seriously doubt many single 35 year old men know what that is.

You're right but Disney not putting them in the game has nothing to do with that shyt lol. They do have access to trends and insights and numbers etc but this is all about pettiness, of which there's no analytical insight for. Just human beings doing what we do best

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Semi-unrelated: I just realized that your screenname is a Zeta Gundam reference. I just started watching it, on episode 5. :wow: