Your Games will soon be containing adverts

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I actually wouldn't mind it that much. I'm all for finding any way for these companies to make money if it leads to more games being created. Right now it seems video games have turned into movies where everything is either a blockbuster or cheap indy game. I remember Fight Night having in game ads (not full videos) but you'd see movies advertised in the game and it would change over time.

If EA was worth a damn as a company games like NBA Street or Fight Night are perfect avenues for in game advertisements if you give the players to update to there off the court/out of ring attire, cars and the like.

If EA was smart they’d bring back NBA Street and just let Live go. Or if they insist on making Live, make it once every few years so it’s special when it comes out.

No clue what happened with FN tho :dwillhuh:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Dog, nikkaz that didn't go through the 90s cartridge era from Nintendo and early 90s from Sega with their ridiculous game prices get ignored. Paying those prices back then trumps ANYTHING we paying now. Games were signficantly cheaper to make then too. And MUCH shorter as well.
:unimpressed:

Yea I thought bout that shyt recently and it was wild how games used to be $80 in the 90s. That was like paying $110 for a game now, maybe even more. You could get a decent apt in NYC for $500/month back when games was going for $60-70 on sale :picard:

Far as them being shorter, there was no memory cards then. These gamers nowadays are lucky they can die 100x and just continue where they left off. Back then you had like 3 lives and maybe 3 continues if u were lucky. I hate the fact even new ports of these old games don’t have an option for unlimited continues. :stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yea I thought bout that shyt recently and it was wild how games used to be $80 in the 90s. That was like paying $110 for a game now, maybe even more. You could get a decent apt in NYC for $500/month back when games was going for $60-70 on sale :picard:

Far as them being shorter, there was no memory cards then. These gamers nowadays are lucky they can die 100x and just continue where they left off. Back then you had like 3 lives and maybe 3 continues if u were lucky. I hate the fact even new ports of these old games don’t have an option for unlimited continues. :stopitslime:
80 dollars in 97 is 134 dollars today.

Man please with complaining about 70 dollars today

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
$80 in 1993 money :picard:

Y'all musta been only getting video games like 3 times a year (end of school, birthday, Christmas) and renting everything else.
Mostly the ski mask way around my neighborhood. Get yaself invited to a sleepover and take what you want or asks to borrow a game and never return it or sell scuffed games:ld:

I was a victim of all 3 until i learned the game

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Those last gen NBA 2K20 full screen commercials are the fukking worst.

It’s just greed, make a damn f2p version of 2K and drop ads in that version.

If u pay full price for 2k, ur a sucker. That shyt should be free to play given all the ads

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Gamers have proven themselves to be very stupid with how far current practices have gone, this will succeed:unimpressed:

concise

Veteran
Daps
EcAaWJvXgAE6yLN.jpg

yeah they want to go back to this.....:picard::pacspit: this was bullshyt!!!

:francis:
These were not store prices, these were the overpriced mail order prices.

edit: And this is probably in Canadian money as well.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Tangential but relevant.

Nightmare scenario: alarm as advertisers seek to plug into our dreams

Nightmare scenario: alarm as advertisers seek to plug into our dreams
After Coors sought to steer unconscious minds to thoughts of beer, scientists have called for curbs on ‘targeted dream incubation’

When brewing giant Coors launched a new advertising campaign earlier this year, the format came as a surprise to many. The company was planning to infiltrate people’s dreams to get them to buy, and presumably drink, Coors beer.

Coors encouraged people to watch a short online video before bed, then play an eight-hour “soundscape” through the night. If successful, this “targeted dream incubation” would trigger “refreshing dreams” of Coors, according to the company.

It’s unclear how many people took part in the dream manipulation – the top Google search result for “Coors dreams” is currently the song Dreams, performed by the Irish pop-rock band the Corrs – but experts warn that the Coors campaign is not just a gimmick, and may have opened a door to a troubling future.

“They’re trying to push an addictive drug on people who are naive to what’s being done to them. I don’t know if it can get much worse than that,” Bob Stickgold, a cognitive neuroscientist and professor of psychiatry at Harvard medical school, said of Coors’ efforts, which he believed could potentially be replicated by other companies.

“Anything you could imagine an advertising campaign for, at all, could arguably be enhanced by weaponizing sleep,” Stickgold said.

Stickgold was one of the co-authors of a recent open letter which sounded the alarm over companies using targeted dream incubation in June. The letter was signed by 35 sleep and dream researchers from around the world.

“TDI-advertising is not some fun gimmick, but a slippery slope with real consequences,” the letter warned. “The potential for misuse of these technologies is as ominous as it is obvious.”

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:francis:
These were not store prices, these were the overpriced mail order prices.

edit: And this is probably in Canadian money as well.

Mail order prices?!!?:heh: how old are you, Cause I lived through alot of the game eras since ATARI....:birdman: cartridges was expensive here in america...