Your Games will soon be containing adverts

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I don't mind product placement. Real life has product placement, so if i'm spiderman swinging thru new york and i see a pepsi billboard. That would actually add to the immersion for me. But if they are literally taking commercial breaks during game, nah fukk that.

:russ:

imagine fighting a hard ass boss that you’re about to kill after 50 attempts and you see a small “Ad in 5,4,3,2,1” on the bottom left hand corner. Then kills you after you skip it 5 seconds in.

:martin:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They definitely show ads during the loading screens. There was even a bit of controversy over them not taking advantage of the faster harddrives in the new consoles because they didn't want to get rid of load screen ads.

I played the shyt out of 2k20 and don’t recall any streaming commercials…just ads for VC sale which make sense within the scope of the game and that you could easily bypass before going into the neighborhood shyt…maybe I just didn’t take exceptional notice of it…I am about to get into 2k21…I’ll probably be more cognizant of it if they actually do have commercials in the game

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Natural progression of always online/connected consoler stupidity. The worse thing is that they will infect everything else.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
$80 in 1993 money :picard:

Y'all musta been only getting video games like 3 times a year (end of school, birthday, Christmas) and renting everything else.

think I only really had 20 SNES games total, if that, back then. i definitely rented, borrowed friends shyt more. We had this mom and pop vid store where I'd rent super metroid mad times to beat it and tried to make sure I only had it out until i beat it...cause I would get mad salty if some other fukker deleted my save (even when they had multiple save slots :hhh:)

shyt for a bday, I was so happy to buy Doom on SNES for sale for like 70 bucks. and I remember Kay-Bee had a bin and I found Mega Man X was like 40 (think this was a few years after it dropped).

Daps
Imagine fighting a Bloodbourne boss where both you and the boss have 10 hp left and a commercial interrupts you when you have to dodge a 1 hit kill

How infuriating that would be if it ruined your momentum and you ended up getting killed as a result :scust:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Paying those prices for Super Mario Bros 2

:hhh:

Dude Christmas with Genesis was the WOAT :mjcry:one game and it had to be cheap so no sonic 3. Glad PS1 came out and crushed the buildings...:wow: prices was a godsend after that.