Young Thug RICO Case Thread Tracking

Umoja

Veteran
Daps

Atlanta Rapper Gunna to be released after pleading guilty to racketeering, gang charge​

December 14, 2022 at 3:41 pm EST
ATLANTA — Atlanta rapper Gunna has pleaded guilty to a racketeering conspiracy charge in a sweeping gang indictment against he, rapper Young Thug and several other alleged members of the Young Slime Life criminal street gang.

We’re working to learn when the rapper will be released from prison, on Channel 2 Action News starting at 4 p.m.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Mark Winne
was the only television journalist in the courtroom Wednesday as Gunna, whose real name is Sergio Kitchens, faced a judge.

The rapper entered a negotiated plea, known as an Alford plea, in which he plead guilty on one charge because it was in his best interest while maintaining his innocence on the same charge.

Gunna was sentenced to five years with one served in prison. The one-year sentence was commuted to time served. The four-year remaining balance on his sentenced has been suspended and will be subject to special conditions including 500 hours of community service.

After the sentence came down, the rapper released a statement, saying:

“While I have agreed to always be truthful, I want to make it perfectly clear that I have NOT made any statements, have NOT been interviewed, have NOT cooperated, have NOT agreed to testify or be a witness for or against any party in the case and have absolutely NO intention of being involved in the trial process in any way,” the rapper said in a statement.

RELATED STORIES:

Despite saying that he will not testify, it is a condition of Gunna’s trial that he testifies if he is called, though he can claim the Fifth Amendment.

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

Gunna, Young Thug and 26 others were arrested in May in a sweeping gang indictment that claimed YSL is a violent criminal street gang that has committed multiple murders, shootings and car-jackings over the course of a decade. Prosecutors said that the rappers promoted the gang’s activities in songs and on social media.

In his statement Wednesday, Gunna said that when he joined YSL in 2016, he didn’t consider it a gang, but “more like a group of people from metro Atlanta who had common interests and artistic aspirations,” Gunna wrote. “My focus of YSL was entertainment -- rap artists who wrote and performed music that exaggerated and ‘glorified’ urban life in the Black community.”

Gunna said he cherishes his association with YSL music and always will. He said he would look at his release as an opportunity to give back to his community and educate young men and women on the destructive nature of criminal street gangs.

Young Thug remains in jail.

RELATED STORY:

t_744d7b7753ca4a1d8ece1490d6b8d276_name_New_Project__14_.jpg

Prosecutors ask judge for delay in Young Thug, Gunna trial In May, Young Thug and Gunna were both named in a sweeping gang indictment that included 26 other people alleged to be members of the Young Slime Life gang.
©2022 Cox Media Group

So in other words, he snitched.

To paraphrase the Marvelous one, it's tough to get up in prison when you're used to silk pajamas.

Danny Ocean

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To paraphrase the Marvelous one, it's tough to get up in prison when you're used to silk pajamas.
He ratted:

Gunna said he cherishes his association with YSL music and always will.

In the plea agreement, which was obtained by Channel 2, the rapper swore that he has personal knowledge that members or associates of YSL have committed crimes in furtherance of the gang and seemed to distance himself from “YSL the gang” vs. “YSL the label.”

“I recognize, accept and deeply regret that my talent and music indirectly furthered YSL the gang to the detriment of my community,” Gunna acknowledged on the signed statement. “YSL as a gang must end.”

Gunna also attested in the plea deal that he was in a car with Young Thug, whose real name is Jeffrey Williams, when officers pulled the car over and found hydrocodone, methamphetamine and a firearm inside. According to the plea agreement, Gunn claimed the gun and drugs weren’t his. It’s unclear if anyone else was in the car at the time.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He ratted:

In the plea agreement, which was obtained by Channel 2, the rapper swore that he has personal knowledge that members or associates of YSL have committed crimes in furtherance of the gang and seemed to distance himself from “YSL the gang” vs. “YSL the label.”

“I recognize, accept and deeply regret that my talent and music indirectly furthered YSL the gang to the detriment of my community,” Gunna acknowledged on the signed statement. “YSL as a gang must end.”

Gunna also attested in the plea deal that he was in a car with Young Thug, whose real name is Jeffrey Williams, when officers pulled the car over and found hydrocodone, methamphetamine and a firearm inside. According to the plea agreement, Gunn claimed the gun and drugs weren’t his. It’s unclear if anyone else was in the car at the time.

This isn't ratting.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps

He ratted:

He might as well snitch. Seems like this generation rolls out the red carpet for rats on they way back home :why:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that seems like it’s gonna be a wrap for Thugga…
I was always told to plea if you KNOW you're guilty and there is evidence out there.

They must be tryna get him for like +20.

I think a cop got caught in the crossfire allegedly from a YSL crime act so that must be it. Hopefully breh get less than 10.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
"In his statement Wednesday, Gunna said that when he joined YSL in 2016, he didn’t consider it a gang, but “more like a group of people from metro Atlanta who had common interests and artistic aspirations,” Gunna wrote. “My focus of YSL was entertainment -- rap artists who wrote and performed music that exaggerated and ‘glorified’ urban life in the Black community. "

Cmon breh......yall know what this looks like...it's a wrap for him.