young Snoop without braids

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People should have realized in the 90s most gangster rappers were actors. CB4 was a whole damned parody on how fake those dudes were
Yup. I'll go a little more nuanced than that and say some even grow into and get love from the gangs depending on how their careers go.

A lot of these artists are a bunch of cats (who had a talent) that some folks started to clout chase with and let them talk all kinds of mess and throw up their set even if they weren't day ones and grew up in the beef.

You see this all the time now and it looks lame, but back in the 90's this was definitely the case, the public just wasn't seeing it and it wasn't being exposed.

If they become a big superstar and stay 10 toes down they basically are now legends for the gang.
If they mid or end up being clowns they about to get fukked with for wasting their time and throwing up the set their homies/loved ones died for.
It's very conditional love with these sets unless you grew up grew up with them.

It's just a big clout chase at the end of the day. A lot of the industry is built on cats choosing to be how they are rather than it being them from childhood.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Daps
I keep saying these cats are more like the theater kid, not the gangster they portray.
I mean, look at the kid next to him. That was his crowd in high school.

That's why the message is so destructive.

Yep brehs called out Drake but all these rappers is fake, even their faves.

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
IMG-3572.png
tried to sag, but he floodin at the same time