young Snoop without braids

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep saying these cats are more like the theater kid, not the gangster they portray.
I mean, look at the kid next to him. That was his crowd in high school.

That's why the message is so destructive.
I get what you're saying but i think it's case by case basis.

It's the same with Prodigy and his pic where he was dancing. Kids can be exposed to and belong to multiple crowds. Not saying you're wrong about Snoop. But i know a girl who was pretty much a nerd/good girl in highschool and then one year she got into hard drugs, started living the street life, etc. but im pretty sure you could find pics where she's hanging out with nerds. Like i said, case by case...

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Eh, I'd say maybe it's more acceptable now with social media. Was dude even in a set in high school?

Snoop won a Halloween contest at his high school. From that time, from that era having lived near the area (not partaken it it) I don't know many gangstas and troublemakers out there participating in high school contests.

Breh

schools in California, especially Southern Cali have THOUSANDS of students. You can be from the fukking boonies and be in class with knucklehead's from row homes and projects.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I keep saying these cats are more like the theater kid, not the gangster they portray.

This one pics tells you that? Not looking at the neighborhood and family they go back to for the remaining 21 hours/day?

And there have always been some cool ass white people who get a pass to hang at school in CA, again, that has nothing to do with the other influences and lifestyle that have an impact on someone.

Lastly, snoop ain’t never claimed to be the most dangerous, he was part of a set, that’s it. We saw how shook and remorseful he was during his murder trial, that alone should’ve told you he wasnt a killer

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I mean....I knew a few heads that were slanging dope while doing choir rehearsals. Just because a head is thugged out, doesn't excuse his intentions of being in theatre'
I guess there are degrees to it.

I still don't think Snoop was all that much of a gangsta though.

I didn't partake in it, but I've kicked it with cats from the LA sets before back in the days (most they were older though) I definitely get the sense of sometimey cats vs folks who are all up in it like that.

A gangster gangster is a lunatic. I definitely kept distance from folks who you can sense are about it. It ain't games to them. If you put something "on the set" around them and don't come through, they will kill you. That crazy.

I can see it both ways because gangstas will ride coattails if someone with talent is building clout. That's for sure. All of a sudden "That kid's with us! Yeah boy!"

Do I think dude was out there mobbin like that though and cuttin up heavy? Putting things on the set? I don't really think so.
That said, affiliation I can see. Especially with a bunch of cats protecting a talent to chase clout, I think that's more the case with Snoop.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Eh, I'd say maybe it's more acceptable now with social media. Was dude even in a set in high school?

Snoop won a Halloween contest at his high school. From that time, from that era having lived near the area (not partaken it it) I don't know many gangstas and troublemakers out there participating in high school contests.
And that’s exactly why snoop is snoop. He’s charismatic and multifaceted, dude was dressing up in full 70s costumes in doggystyle videos, why wouldn’t he be doing Halloween?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Breh

schools in California, especially Southern Cali have THOUSANDS of students. You can be from the fukking boonies and be in class with knucklehead's from row homes and projects.

Square biz. I remember going to "one of the best" middle schools at the time that was multicultured, but had cool for school heads smoking weed, selling, playing hookie, fukking, etc.

And some of them were cacs :francis: . I despite stereotypes because life is one big illusion. Reminds me of when I dropped out at 11th grade and heads were making ASSumptions that I was up to no good. Instead of realizing that I had a plan and was going through the motions of a family tearing apart, moving, and adjusting to life damn near on my own.

The irony, once I got my shyt together (GED, Associates, and a trade degree), them same naysayers that made ASSumptions are nowhere to be found. Nothing makes sense in this world.

We all chuckling at a happy-go-lucky Snoop in the picture, but maybe dude wanted good intentions, but ended up in dire situations in a late 80s crack era California. I know I make jokes, but it's clear some heads around these boards never experienced a damn thing or sheltered down to the socks.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I mean....I knew a few heads that were slanging dope while doing choir rehearsals. Just because a head is thugged out, doesn't excuse his intentions of being in theatre'
Same, had a dude who was placed in the gifted classes with me and others in middle school who legit was selling crack and got arrested up outta class one day. It’s why we have outreach programs for kids/young teens, many of them are at a crossroads that ends up going off track around 17/18, no one starts off as a super thug from birth

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I guess there are degrees to it.

I still don't think Snoop was all that much of a gangsta though. I didn't partake in it, but I've kicked it with cats from the LA sets before back in the days (most they were older though) I definitely get the sense of sometimey cats vs folks who are all up in it like that.

I can see it both ways because gangstas will ride coattails if someone with talent is building clout. That's for sure.

Do I think dude was out there mobbin like that though and cuttin up heavy? I don't really think so. That said, affiliation I can see especially with a bunch of cats protecting a talent to chase clout, I think that's more the case.

I mean, lets keep it a buck. There's always a few lames in a gang that come off hard, but fold under pressure. You can rep a flag while still being a p*ssy. Snoop got it honest, but you never know.

Daps

you act like you never been in school before. i def have some pics with other students/teamates i never even saw outside of school :skip:
some of you all lose all common sense when it comes to this rap shyt lol

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Same, had a dude who was placed in the gifted classes with me and others in middle school who legit was selling crack and got arrested up outta class one day. It’s why we have outreach programs for kids/young teens, many of them are at a crossroads that ends up going off track around 17/18, no one starts off as a super thug from birth

EXACTLY!

Seeing the origins of how a good kid goes bad is organic in itself. Case in point:

2515.jpg

Daps

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

People should have realized in the 90s most gangster rappers were actors. CB4 was a whole damned parody on how fake those dudes were