Young Dolph shot and killed in Memphis

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is sad. How many times do Young brothas have to die in the streets? shyt is such a vicious cycle. Constantly dudes getting gunned down and then you have a parade of ongowers acting like they’re so shocked just because they’re in the moment right there. shyt is a disease. Constantly folks fake mourning over another dead black man because it’s news worthy. Nobody truly gives a shyt.

Facts. Everybody gets on their emotional shyt about how terrible shyt is…fast forward a week and it’s back to vibing on songs describing doing exactly what was done to the dead. shyts pathetic and after a while you stop taking it seriously.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Side whores already out of pocket. The man’s body ain’t even cold. Just shameless

swipe left

Clout one helluva drug. She even tried to be slick and cut the comments. shyt was nasty when heaux popped out doing it when Pop Smoke died and it's nasty now. Let that man's wife grieve in peace.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lived in memphis all my life until 2016,

It's been shyt for a long time hence me leaving, but everytime I come back my visits get shorter and shorter

even coming into the city via the bridge, the skyline is dingy as fukk, all of downtown looks like it aint been power washed ever.

the overall feel of my city is just:snoop:

Its like a perpetual black cloud sits over it

there are no nice/safe parts of memphis, everywhere is the hood/hood adjacent

Memphis setting a city record for homicides https://www.wreg.com/news/local/memphis-on-pace-for-another-deadly-record-this-year/

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does his behavior have to do with yours?
Thats the problem with americans in general. When i lived in japan, they had a sense of community and if a person fukked up where it brought attention to outsiders, that one person brought shame on everyone else and they hold that person accountable. We, not only black people but we as westerners dont hold each other accountable at all. Its all "well i got mine, fukk you", "what they got to do with me", etc.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I have a pre-work playlist that I have to rock to shield myself from the daily fukkery I know is about to ensue. Eclectic mixture of gospel and some aspirational and ratchet ass shyt. Anyway, Dolph's "Get Paid" is on it so this is particularly disheartening to read. I don't understand why these brothers won't just stay away from the hood once they make it out. And fukking South Memphis? :gucci: I don't know the specifics of why this happened but it doesn't matter. You're not proving anything. Damn.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Thats the problem with americans in general. When i lived in japan, they had a sense of community and if a person fukked up where it brought attention to outsiders, that one person brought shame on everyone else and they hold that person accountable. We, not only black people but we as westerners dont hold each other accountable at all. Its all "well i got mine, fukk you", "what they got to do with me", etc.
You’re conflating two different ideals. Having a sense of community has nothing to do with feeling subservient to another community.

I have a sense of community but I will never say “I’m embarrassed” when the lowest members of black society commit crimes. They don’t represent me or my community. This is a concept from slavery/Jim crow where black people are judged by our worst and black people as a community are held accountable for the actions of one black person.