Young Breh Shows The Reality of Running A Business

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He’ll never make money running a Subway restaurant, here’s why…

Subway allows damn near anyone to open a subway anywhere without having or following rules about proximity to other Subways and the competition is too high with owners of other Subway restaurants. There’s more to it than that, but it’s the main reason people are trying to get out of owning them.

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
I sell plants online as a side hustle. No overhead. Only time I spend is making listings and shipping them out for a couple hours a week. Depending on how much I want to do I can move $800-1000 a week. I couldn’t imagine putting up the money and time to buy a fukking subway just to realize you’re making less than 1k. You can’t even do a lot to change that. Subway is Subway no matter which one you go to. He better start using it as a front lol

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
he got the game fukked up. hes supposed to be on ig with money stacks designer clothes smoking weed talking about generational wealth. then sell a course on how to run a subway like him. throw in some networking events then you lit

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
.....that don't even include health insurance and taxes :sas2:

I can see he can eliminate costs by eating his own product because your cost of goods gets put down as an expense so it's written off. But he gotta subtract 24% for taxes, also didn't mention any 401k or Roth, retirement situations.....most businesses are like this despite what them fake ass gurus say on IG. The whole goal of being self employed is first survival then profit

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
so he’s taking home less than his employee and no mention of taxes or anything

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it's worth running a bar or restaurant unless you own the building.

Those franchise and rent fees kill you.
Perhaps I'm wrong.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Why Subway? I like to hear him explain that.
Somebody already mentioned it in the comments but copping a Subway franchise in 2024 feels like copping a Fubu sweatsuit in 2006. He mighta got it for the lowlow though.
Subway has a low franchise fee it was $15,000 last time I checked.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I sell plants online as a side hustle. No overhead. Only time I spend is making listings and shipping them out for a couple hours a week. Depending on how much I want to do I can move $800-1000 a week. I couldn’t imagine putting up the money and time to buy a fukking subway just to realize you’re making less than 1k. You can’t even do a lot to change that. Subway is Subway no matter which one you go to. He better start using it as a front lol
What type of plants?

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob

Put me on the plant game sensei? :lupe:

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I don't think it's worth running a bar or restaurant unless you own the building.

Those franchise and rent fees kill you.
Perhaps I'm wrong.
You are wrong with franchises that aren't chick fil a, mickey ds or non food franchises

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
Put me on the plant game sensei? :lupe:
It’s a weird and obscure game. Like collecting cards or stamps or something.

1) Find growers or wholesalers near you.

2) buy what people like.

3) make an Etsy.

There’s more money in servicing rich people/business’ plants. The area you’re in matters a lot.

I’d ship you plants wholesale if you really know people who want them like that. Lmk