Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Dak was good, but still not a better QB than Romo all things considered. We may have beat GB had Romo played if I remember correctly it took Dak some time to get settled in.

Dak is also way more athletic and agile with Romo...all of those great plays that come out of rollouts would go away with Romo as the QB...

All those QB touchdown runs go away with Romo as the QB...

Cole World goes back to just being some slot receiver who catches 30 passes a year if Romo is the QB...

There is no question that Romo can read a defense faster than Dak...and can make better down the field throwing decisions than Dak...

But those are things Dak will get better with as he gets more reps...another year or two and Romo WONT be better than him at that...

And A QB with 2 playoffs wins might have beaten the hottest team in the league at the time? I doubt it...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
6'4 Safety :gucci: I'll pass..... I still have Pat Watkins nightmares :picard:

KiaMxKH.png
breh don't ever mention that dude name again...

I had wiped all memories of that suck ass nikka from my swagboyz memory banks...

Should have known something was up when Sam Hurd kept calling him "slinky" in that interview...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Dak was good, but still not a better QB than Romo all things considered. We may have beat GB had Romo played if I remember correctly it took Dak some time to get settled in.

Romo has 1 playoff win in 10 years but he might have beaten GB? Where is that confidence coming from?

The coaches lost the game by leaving time on the clock and not blitzing and giving Arod all day to throw on the pass that put them in FG range.

Dak wasn't good he was great.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

:picard:

No thanks at 28, if he is there in the 3rd or 4th cool.

My issue is he does not play like those combine numbers suggest. He is horrible at taking angles, but he is a hell of a cover safety.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
3rd and 5 witten will get you 7

3rd and 10 witten will get you 7

:francis:
Well, in the Green Bay game, 3rd and 14 and he gave us 15. In the Pittsburgh game, 3rd and 8 and he gave us 11. He still can run routes. But once the ball is caught, don't expect him to pick up yardage against any team unless your NFL team is from Ohio.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Romo cool. Yeah, he's probably feeling salty. Don't blame him. Franchise essentially holding him hostage.

He took a backseat in the regular season and let Dak and the team do their thing. He tried to compete for the starting job when he was cleared to return, but can you blame him? $100mil man and starting QB for America's Team. Last full season he went 12-4. Of course he wants to compete.

The Witten extension is simply to lower his cap hit this year. It was something egregious like $12mil. Adding years onto the deal lowers that by a few million. I'm not sweating it.

At no point in the last decade plus have I ever thought we lost a game or didn't go as far as I'd like because of the TE position. Take a couple bars off let Witt live.

Jaylon Smith pick will either be WOAT or GOAT status. There is no in between.

This team badly needs David Irving to turn into a 10 sack guy.