Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obligatory bump...

Last month I posted that I wouldn't want the Cowboys to draft any players that had major red flags (failed drug test, etc.) based on our experience with Gregory. So I got to thinking...:jbhmm:...what if we drafted a player..lets say in the 6th round after we met all of our other pressing needs.

Who would you take?

Joe Mixon (OU) - RB
Tim Williams (Bama) - DE
Jarron Jones (Notre Dame) - DT
Cam Robinson (Bama) - OT
Dede Westrook (OU) - WR
Al-Quadin Muhammad (The U) - DE
Teez Tabor (Florida) - CB
DeVonte Fields (Louisville) - DE
Ishmael Zamora (Baylor) - WR
Chad Kelly (Ole Miss) - QB

(Side note: The NFL is doing background checks on all combine invitees this year. If any felonies come back from the check, the players' combine invite gets revoked)
I don't see what y'all see in that Muhammad fella

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Obligatory bump...

Last month I posted that I wouldn't want the Cowboys to draft any players that had major red flags (failed drug test, etc.) based on our experience with Gregory. So I got to thinking...:jbhmm:...what if we drafted a player..lets say in the 6th round after we met all of our other pressing needs.

Who would you take?

Joe Mixon (OU) - RB
Tim Williams (Bama) - DE
Jarron Jones (Notre Dame) - DT
Cam Robinson (Bama) - OT
Dede Westrook (OU) - WR
Al-Quadin Muhammad (The U) - DE
Teez Tabor (Florida) - CB
DeVonte Fields (Louisville) - DE
Ishmael Zamora (Baylor) - WR
Chad Kelly (Ole Miss) - QB

(Side note: The NFL is doing background checks on all combine invitees this year. If any felonies come back from the check, the players' combine invite gets revoked)
Mixon, Williams, & Tabor are all gone by round 3, Tabor is most likely a 1st rd pick.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Even if Eric Berry hit the open market and was willing to give Dallas a discount, I'm 99% certain we still wouldn't be able to afford him given our cap situation.

We won't get those $14mil Romo savings until June, if we designate him a post June 1st cut. He will be signed by then.

Regular cut or trade now only saves us something in the $5-7mil range.

He's priced out.

And again, we still have to extend Zack Martin.

And assuming no fukkery, Dak has a $100+ mil deal coming his way in 2-3 years.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't see what y'all see in that Muhammad fella
He was kicked off the team before the start of the 2016 season.
:mjlol:Let's not be naive, he has plenty of tape.

Mixon, Williams, & Tabor are all gone by round 3, Tabor is most likely a 1st rd pick.
I see what you're saying.... but we can sit here and make predictions all day. There is no guarantee they're coming off the board on Day 1 or Day 2.

:sas1:
Word to La'el Collins, Max Bullough, Anthony Johnson, Colt Lyerla, Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson (both Florida DBs).

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was kicked off the team before the start of the 2016 season.
:mjlol:Let's not be naive, he has plenty of tape.

I see what you're saying.... but we can sit here and make predictions all day. There is no guarantee they're coming off the board on Day 1 or Day 2.

:sas1:
Word to La'el Collins, Max Bullough, Anthony Johnson, Colt Lyerla, Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson (both Florida DBs).

Again, I don't see what y'all see in him. He basic as fukk :camby: