Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jones needs to high point the ball better, but I do see some improvements from last year. I was really pulling for him to get a TD to get his confidence up.

Rico is a gamer. He needs to keep working on his blocking. I like that he's playing special teams now. I don't think we can get him on the PS again but if he makes the 53, he'll be inactive most games.

I thought Byron Jones looked really good. Heath still looks like a backup to me.

Disappointed in the entire dline. It's about time Leon Lett developed someone from that group.

There's NO WAY, Rico doesn't make the team. He's the real deal. And should see playing time, though I know Witten will get most of the reps.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
our secondary is going to be problematic, especially against our loaded division. Offensively, we're stacked. I just hope we can consistently outscore the competition. The O will have to really carry the team this year.
Its seeming that way so far...but Boys D did better 2nd half...but Boys were lucky that Cards badly shanked those 2 FG's.

We cant come out flat in games (like the playoff game last season) and be in a hole. If so, that could be too much to overcome.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
How do yall feel about RBs?

Do we need to go 4 deep in RB (Zeke, D Mac, Morris and Rod) or will only need 3 along with a FB? Rod did well and that was behind the back up O-linemen and Rod pretty much had no holes but still got yards. He can block as a FB too and play ST. May need 4 RBs if Zeke gets suspended.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

Do we need to go 4 deep in RB (Zeke, D Mac, Morris and Rod) or will only need 3 along with a FB? Rod did well and that was behind the back up O-linemen and Rod pretty much had no holes but still got yards. He can block as a FB too and play ST. May need 4 RBs if Zeke gets suspended.

I think Alfred might be the odd man out

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The secondary will be problematic because the d line will be problematic. Did anyone breathe on Gabbert last night? Did they even look at him with their eyes? If any QB has that much time and has such a clean pocket, they will look like the second coming of Aaron Rodgers. I won't panic though. It's game 1 of a 5 game preseason series. They know they have a long way to go.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Finally watching the game.

Taco looking like trash :hhh:
I did expect more from him being a 1st round pick. Pass rush may continue to be a glaring weakness on D. We will need Irving to come back.

I do think and hope Taco will show out more by regular season.

Last edited:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
The secondary will be problematic because the d line will be problematic. Did anyone breathe on Gabbert last night? Did they even look at him with their eyes? If any QB has that much time and has such a clean pocket, they will look like the second coming of Aaron Rodgers. I won't panic though. It's game 1 of a 5 game preseason series. They know they have a long way to go.
Agree....don't forget we played 49ers with Gabbert at QB last year Week 4 and started the game in a 14-pt hole that Dak and Zeke and the rest overcame. There were times where Gabbert had too long to make reads and throw and he looked good certain parts of the game (definitely didn't when he threw that deep ball right to Claiborne). But the point is...with that lack of or should I say non-existent pass rush...even mediocre to below average QBs gonna have flashes where they look like Brady or Rodgers and :eat: good.

Last edited:

Jaz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Bronx/Jerz

But how long can we rely on MCFADDEN TO STAY INJURY FREE ?

I REALLY LIKE MORRIS OVER MCFADDEN!
I like our entire stable of rbs to be honest,I hate that we won't be able to keep em all !