You shouldn’t be driving over 100 mph—and your car shouldn’t let you

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That’s the fukking problem

But it's also the way it's always been that's why there is a such thing as a driver's license...:manny: same thing as a pilots license and a boating license. :pachaha: You saw the rest of what i wrote right??? It's called personal responsibility for a reason. because no matter the tech human fallibility falls to the driver of the vehicle... I bet you even if they implemented the no speeding tech someone somewhere will kill themselves doing dumb shyt anyways...:mjlol:

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Back when cars were first on the market, Cincinnati law makers tried to force built in speed limits in the city. Car manufactures had to lobby hard against it, because the only thing selling their cars were the potential speed increases.

Chinesewall_Post_1923-11-05_9.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
just like any other tech that you put in cars to restrict anything, somebody will come up with the hack for it and sell it on the dark web

the think is in that scenario if they were to get into high-speed accidents then they're even worse off in the court of law assuming they survive the accident in the first place.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
You fakkits always screaming about somebody taking your right:comeon:. You shouldn’t have the right to drive a 3-4 ton missile on public rodes driving 100 mph just because you feel like it. Take it to the track :camby:

Last edited:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I used to routinely drive over 100mph on the highway. Now I rarely go over 80.

I think 90mph is a good limit.

Sometimes you need to speed to pass someone or get around a truck or something.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
naturally, the government will exempt themselves from these speed governors, after they've already made themselves the only parties who can't be sued or punished for the traffic accidents/deaths they cause. oh, and the proposed limiters use gps tracking, i'll bet anything the government will illegally harvest this location data and maintain a database of where everyone's driven.

off topic but god i love living in a state where traffic laws aren't enforced, i drive like i'm playing gta. i never go below 100, i jet straight to my destination (fukk a red light), i go on the wrong side of the road to save a couple seconds, i lane split when i get the chance, i wear nods and don't use headlights at night. i'm about to go back to the homeland for friendsgiving and can't wait to practice some jackie speedruns. :ahh:

That's where the real drivers with skill race

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Sometimes you need to speed to pass someone or get around a truck or something.
you can tell most ppl in this thread drive behemoth suvs or pickups instead of small cars or bikes, there's safety in speed when everyone else on the road is out to kill you. hanging out in the blind spot of an suv or semi for more than a couple seconds is a death sentence cause they can't see you while switching lanes, hitting 100+ to get out of situations like this has saved my life more than once.

edit: took me a while to find these but look how bad they are, you can fit a dozen kids or a whole ass vette in their SMALLEST blind spot. but nah, i'm supposed to hang out at "normal" speed when a pickup truck that weighs four tons more than me tailgates and can't see me anymore. :mjlol:

:childplease: at this bullshyt. you don't have the right to drive like a maniac over 100 MPH because your wife is dying
where do you live that ambulances magically show up instantly? if you in a rural area and need one, they're only half an hour away.
EMS Response Times Are Double in Rural vs. Urban Areas - NEJM Journal Watch
government job is to protect the people, sometimes from themselves.

It's needed.
this is the exact opposite of reality, the government's argued over decades that it's not their job to protect people, and that they have no obligation to do so (despite people being forced to assist them), and they win in court every time :francis:
DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services | Oyez
Castle Rock v. Gonzales | Oyez
so basically you want cops to have even more powers, such as listening to your private conversations and illegally collecting tracking data (these speed limiters work using continuous gps tracking)...
...or killing people in high speed crashes - they already exempt themselves from speed governors which would prevent this - while qualified immunity makes it impossible to sue them or file a criminal complaint...
...all while they have none of the responsibilities that typically come with more power.

Last edited: