You Praise De La Soul 3ft High and Rising but Not Kendricks TPAB

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
one is a great album for it's time the other is one of the greatest album of all time
and don't get even get me started on how plug 1 is just in another galaxy as an emcee compared to kendrick

Both albums are great album's and both are hailed as one of the greatest ever, and you can't take that away, those are facts.

We are not talking about emceeing, Pos is one of the best and have 3 classics, maybe 4 with De La Soul

But Pos haven't showed he can hold down a whole album by himself and make classics, because he's comfortable being a team player

Daps
Both albums are great album's and both are hailed as one of the greatest ever, and you can't take that away, those are facts.

We are not talking about emceeing, Pos is one of the best and have 3 classics, maybe 4 with De La Soul

But Pos haven't showed he can hold down a whole album by himself and make classics, because he's comfortable being a team player

TPAB is standing out because there's sol little quality music coming out nowadays while 3 feet high still stood out in an era where there was a great album coming out every month and sometimes multiple great album every month

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Some of ya'll can't even wait until people naturally come to the conclusion you just have to make sure everybody agrees with the opinion that whatever is in your eyes a classic must be that for everybody else, no questions asked. It's like trying to force your opinion, eventually people don't want to hear you keep telling them what a classic is. Let people come to that conclusion on their own.

This hype with Kendrick is like force feeding people. Now people don't give you time to digest an album, see how it sounds years down the line, see what/who it influences, etc. As soon as an album comes out it's deemed a classic. And everybody who feels that way STAYS trying to convince other folks that they should feel the same, which ultimately only turns people away from the artist they're desperately trying to promote.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
THIS THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY INTERSCOPE RECORDS

LOOK INTO THE SWIRLY "i" BE HYPNOTIZED! BUY KENDRICK LAMAR!

latest

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
TPAB is standing out because there's sol little quality music coming out nowadays while 3 feet high still stood out in an era where there was a great album coming out every month and sometimes multiple great album every month

I disagree agree with you. Sure 1988 was a classic year with great album's, but De La Soul stood out because they dressed different, looked different, songs were sampled from obsecure groups from overseas, they had a different look and sound.

Now you could even said their style was gimmicky, because they did that on purpose, imagine if Kendrick, Drake, Big Sean would pull that shyt, y'all nikkas would call them fake for having a fake gimmick.

But let's not act that 2015 didn't drop classic and great album's

This whole shyt that there was no quality music when TPAB dropped is bullshyt

Joey Badass B4.Da.$$
Lupe Fiasco Tetsuo & Youth
Drake If You're Reading This It's Too Late
Big Sean Dark Sky Paradise
Fashawn The Ecology
Freddie Gibbs Pronto
Ghostface Killah Sour Soul and 12 Ways
Curensy dropped 2 Album's
ASAP Rocky At Long Last
Vince Staples Summertime
Future Dirty Sprite 2
Scarface Deeply Rooted
The Game The Documentary 2
Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder
Rapper Big Pooh & Nottz
Czarface

And I haven't even touch the underground.

TPAB was just as different and pushed the culture in it's time like 3ft

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
I disagree agree with you. Sure 1988 was a classic year with great album's, but De La Soul stood out because they dressed different, looked different, songs were sampled from obsecure groups from overseas, they had a different look and sound.

Now you could even said their style was gimmicky, because they did that on purpose, imagine if Kendrick, Drake, Big Sean would pull that shyt, y'all nikkas would call them fake for having a fake gimmick.

But let's not act that 2015 didn't drop classic and great album's

This whole shyt that there was no quality music when TPAB dropped is bullshyt

Joey Badass B4.Da.$$
Lupe Fiasco Tetsuo & Youth
Drake If You're Reading This It's Too Late
Big Sean Dark Sky Paradise
Fashawn The Ecology
Freddie Gibbs Pronto
Ghostface Killah Sour Soul and 12 Ways
Curensy dropped 2 Album's
ASAP Rocky At Long Last
Vince Staples Summertime
Future Dirty Sprite 2
Scarface Deeply Rooted
The Game The Documentary 2
Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder
Rapper Big Pooh & Nottz
Czarface

And I haven't even touch the underground.

TPAB was just as different and pushed the culture in it's time like 3ft

Touxh on the underground, because almost all of those releases were wack,

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I see lot of people shyt on Kendrick Lamar Masterpiece To Pimp A Butterfly because of his accolades in the music industry by those who y'all say it cac music critics and publications

But y'all are hypocrties because when De La Soul dropped their genre changing masterpiece they received the same musical praises from the very same people.

3ft High and Rising was selected by the Library of Congress as a 2010 addition to the National Recording Registry, which selects recordings annually that are culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.

It is listed on Rolling Stones' 200 Essential Rock Records and The Source's 100 Best Rap Albums (both of which are unordered). When Village Voice held its annual Pazz & JopCritics Poll for 1989, 3 Feet High and Risingwas ranked at #1, outdistancing its nearest opponent (Neil Young's Freedom) by 21 votes and 260 points. It was also listed on the Rolling Stone's The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Released amid the 1989 boom in gangsta rap, which gravitated towards hardcore, confrontational, violent lyrics, De La Soul's uniquely positive style made them an oddity beginning with the first single, "Me, Myself and I". Their positivity meant many observers labeled them a "hippie" group, based on their declaration of the "D.A.I.S.Y. Age" (da inner sound, y'all). Sampling artists as diverse as Johnny Cash, Hall & Oates, Steely Dan and The Turtles, 3 Feet High and Rising is often viewed as the stylistic beginning of 1990s alternative hip hop (and especially jazz rap).[20]

"An inevitable development in the class history of rap, [De La Soul is] new wave to Public Enemy's punk," wrote critic Robert Christgau in his Village Voice review of 3 Feet High and Rising

It was ranked 7 in Spin's "100 Greatest Albums, 1985–2005", ranked 88th in a 2005 survey held by British television's Channel 4 to determine the 100 greatest albums of all time. In 1998, the album was selected as one of The Source's 100 Best Rap Albums. In 2003, the album was ranked number 346 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. In 2006, Q magazineplaced the album at #20 in its list of "40 Best Albums of the '80s".[21] In 2012, Slant Magazine listed the album at #9 on its list of "Best Albums of the 1980s".[22] The album was also included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

Electronica artist James Lavelle cited 3 Feet High and Rising as one of his favorite albums. "It was definitely a reaction to the slightly more hardcore area of what was going on in hip hop. As a concept record, it's probably one of the best ever. It's like the Pink Floyd of hip hop, their Dark Side of the Moon – the way it musically and sonically moves around, but also the use of language was so unusual and out there

:jbhmm: So again tell me again how you shyt on TPAB for its praises and not 3ft High and Rising

TPab n de la albums are 2 different albums

TPab is more or less amerikkkas most wanted

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
TPab n de la albums are 2 different albums

TPab is more or less amerikkkas most wanted
True they are 2 different albums, I didn't say they are the same musically

I'm saying they booth received Critcally Acclaim ratings and praises as a Great Album from Music Critics and Publication's that was not hip hop or black and never once I seen De La Soul on this site being dismissed for having those accolades but they diss Kendrick Lamar TPAB having those accolades

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
True they are 2 different albums, I didn't say they are the same musically

I'm saying they booth received Critcally Acclaim ratings and praises as a Great Album from Music Critics and Publication's that was not hip hop or black and never once I seen De La Soul on this site being dismissed for having those accolades but they diss Kendrick Lamar TPAB having those accolades
That’s how humans are

It’s hip hop critic nature to against the grain n hate what is propped by the norm

nikkas hated drake

Kendrick is the anti drake

nikkas hate Kendrick

Cole drake krit crunchy black the anti Kendrick

Just threw crunch in there

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Tpab is one of greatest albums of all time. That's a a fact. Greatest album of the decade. Only people who listen to a diverse range of music understand the genius of that album. Also tpab >>>> 3ft high and riding.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Good amount of coli are trash that hates on everything and anything. Luckily majority agree on TPAB's greatness :wow:

Bunch of hypocritical kids, using their logic then 3ft High and Rising should not be hailed as a classic