You People | Netflix (Discussion Thread)

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Decent movie, they did well with a plot that has been done 100xs already. First half a lot better than the 2nd half. I was losing interest until Mike Epps showed up. Last 30mins was a snooze fest though, no laughs. I think it would be a cool movie to throw when the fam is over for the holidays but I doubt I’ll watch it again myself

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Why I didn’t know Lauren was terrible as an actress.

:heh:

She and Jonah have great chemistry tho. I could see them clowning each other in real life. Not gonna lie, Eddie and Julia killing this.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: AVO

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This movie was the very definition of aiight, it should have been way funnier with this cast I expect more from big budget movies, yet I felt like I was watching a youtube video. The topic has been beaten to death and its just not funny anymore. especially when they were afraid to do anything controversial to be funny.

They were tip toeing around race jokes and none of it was really funny.

I also dont like the type casting that goes on in Holywood, yes Eddie Murphy is middle aged now but that doesnt mean he has to play that role in every movie to be funny. Just like Jonah Hill shouldn't have to be fat to be funny, and its time we get some new black women actors because im tired of seeing the same ones in every movie. Lauren Londen is not talented and now she is fat and not cute anymore to me so whats the point? There has got to be some decent looking younger women out to play these roles

I give a 3 out of 5 or a 5.5 out of 10.

Please no more fake woke twitter talking points, save that shyt for social media,

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
This movie was the very definition of aiight, it should have been way funnier with this cast I expect more from big budget movies, yet I felt like I was watching a youtube video. The topic has been beaten to death and its just not funny anymore. especially when they were afraid to do anything controversial to be funny.

They were tip toeing around race jokes and none of it was really funny.

I also dont like the type casting that goes on in Holywood, yes Eddie Murphy is middle aged now but that doesnt mean he has to play that role in every movie to be funny. Just like Jonah Hill shouldn't have to be fat to be funny, and its time we get some new black women actors because im tired of seeing the same ones in every movie. Lauren Londen is not talented and now she is fat and not cute anymore to me so whats the point? There has got to be some decent looking younger women out to play these roles

I give a 3 out of 5 or a 5.5 out of 10.

Please no more fake woke twitter talking points, save that shyt for social media,
When Kenya directs and co-writes, that’s what you’re always gonna get.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Lauren London get a BBL :jbhmm:

This ain’t the same Nu nu from Atlanta :skip:

All jokes aside, seems like this movie was cheaply made given all the stars in it. :unimpressed:

Last edited:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Watched it a few nights ago. I enjoyed it. Eddie and Julia killed it :obama: Jonah not even 40 and looking that old.. damn

And what was going on with Lauren London? Half her body looked dismorphic lol

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it a few nights ago. I enjoyed it. Eddie and Julia killed it :obama: Jonah not even 40 and looking that old.. damn

And what was going on with Lauren London? Half her body looked dismorphic lol

Right i know I wasn’t the only on thinking her body looked off.

I haven’t really seen her in a movie since Atlanta

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yall funny, LL is a terrible actress, like one of the many reasons i stopped watching the game on BET was her, but, she was much better in this than her other roles, funny to see so many people rag on her acting in this when this was a relatively decent performance from her....no way she's a match for hill, murphy or dreyfus, so she's already starting the movie with a handicap

Braman

Superstar
Daps
30 minutes in. I like it. Jonah still got it. Eddie was funny in that opening scene

Jonah and the lesbian best friend stealing the show :heh: givin those old Knocked Up, 40 year old virgin humor vibes.