YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT YOU'RE A FOOL IF...

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
This thread would have only been valid if it also included you're a fool if you don't read

- The Dhammapada

- Bhagavad Gita

- The I Ching

- The Dao

- Confucius

- The Selfish Gene

- The Quran

- The Book of Mormon

- Dianetics

- The Nation of Islam's 120 Lessons of Supreme wisdom

- The Ancient Egyptian Proverbs

- Homer's odyssey

- Writings from Franz Kafka, Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre and Nietzsche

- Various ancient Eastern philosophy.

All of which obtain just as much wisdom as the books of proverbs in the bible does (some would even say more)

but u most likely were brought up in a christian family and are brainwashed into thinking it's the only place to have and obtain moral wisdom so I wouldn't expect such a thing

Don't limit yourself to a box brehs

:manny:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This thread would have only been valid if it also included you're a fool if you don't read

- The Dhammapada

- The I Ching

- The Dao

- Confucius

- The Selfish Gene

- The Quran

- The Ancient Egyptian Proverbs

- Homer's odyssey

- Writings from Franz Kafka, Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre and Nietzsche

- Various ancient Eastern philosophy.

but u most likely were brought up in a christian family and are brainwashed into thinking it's the only place to have and obtain moral wisdom so I wouldn't expect such a thing

:manny:

Most people got morals from the bible. You guys can post those books but none of them hit like the bible. But I guess it cool to be a rebel.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
Most people got morals from the bible. You guys can post those books but none of them hit like the bible. But I guess it cool to be a rebel.

Because the bible was literally the law of the land and you would have been killed for subscribing to anything else at one point in time.

The winners/people in power are the ones who get to write history breh

The politicians/rulers compiled a book of writings and literally forced their particular brand of The bible on society, at a time when many Christians believed many different things

and today we call it "God's word"

If you truly feel that the bible contains so much wisdom then read and study the books that were deliberately left on the cutting room floor (the "Gnostic gospels" for example) Several books in the new testament that were equally as authentic as the "four gospels" in terms of age, edited out by dictators for political reasons. Don't just accept what's been fed to you by Roman cacs as the sole truth.

After that, then go and study the books that the bible took inspiration from (some of which I mentioned in the previous post)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there anything in the bible or quran that tells people to do the crazy shyt we see sum muslims and christians do?can u blame religion for christians being judgemental when it tells them not to judge:heh:,or the ones who claim to kill in gods name when it says not to kill:manny:...I just don't get the blame on god and religion bcuz dumb azz people ignore what they readin or misenterprate shyt for they own gain:ohhh:

I never read the whole bible but I've read it in pieces,if Pac or Nas said sum of the shyt the bible does u would be stannin 24 hrs a day,what's the problem u need a instrumental:mjpls:..and not to mention the way Jesus comes in and starts shyttin on people so cold blooded,u gotta appreciate the slick talk:russ:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you are right that shyt sucks. but the only answer I can come up with that makes sense to me (or the way I rationalize it) is Humans severely overrate their importance/significance in the grand scheme of things, like we are the only planet with life on it.

Do you consider animal sentience the same as human sentience? Are you upset when you pour grits and hot water over an ant mound to get rid of it?

I mean...I doubt God doesn't care. But when you question it that way you are basically saying Why did God create the world in the first place

I grant you this and I agree...:obama: but that does that THEREFORE mean there is a god, and more specifically, one in the judeochristian sense?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

You're an idiot.

Your morals come from the same place that you base your foundation on when you ignore something in the bible. :ufdup:

Tell me how slavery is working out for you.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I grant you this and I agree...:obama: but that does that THEREFORE mean there is a god, and more specifically, one in the judeochristian sense?

I believe In God, not religion, I don't trust religion. BUT I KNOW something created the universe and that life isn't an accident. I don't claim be the sharpest tool in the shed. but when people say their isn't A GOD, creator or whatever I'm like

:rudy:

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt, I'll entertain almost anything once. Hit me with some examples.:jawalrus:

Proverbs 31

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
i'm not a buddhist, but i think a lot of buddha's teachings are way more profound than anything found in the bible. from proverbs, jesus, or otherwise :yeshrug:

I looked into buddhism a while back. I think the most common misconception and problem people have with it is they think that buddha was a god.

I like the fact that it's a tolerant religion. Not out to convert you and accepts the moral teachings of other religions, only a path to enlightenment if that's what you seek.