You Mad: Killer Instinct is official

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm so ready for this fukking game to launch..

36545d1372392835-tumblr_inline_mk4oxlpzxs1qz4rgp.gif

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The old Killer Instinct was a decent Mortal Kombat ripoff, nothing more. Definitely not up there with the best fighting games of that gen. People got lured in by the gimmicky graphics.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
The old Killer Instinct was a decent Mortal Kombat ripoff, nothing more. Definitely not up there with the best fighting games of that gen. People got lured in by the gimmicky graphics.

it was NOTHING like MK- not the style, not the graphics,not the combos only shyt those two had in common was they were fighters and both had a ninja,an ice guy and a chick:wtb:

Explain to me how this

is a rip off of this

:stopitslime:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
it was NOTHING like MK- not the style, not the graphics,not the combos only shyt those two had in common was they were fighters and both had a ninja,an ice guy and a chick:wtb:

:comeon:

It was explicitly working off of MK. The developers had a sarcastic sense of humor (you can see it in all their other games, too,) and wanted to throw a bunch of clichés and outlandish/ridiculous ideas together for the game, and MK was the primary source for that, since it was the most nonsensical big fighter of its time (almost all fighters are, but MK was the most ridiculous then, with some of the dumbest and lease coherent design and character ideas.) Everything from the theme music, the absurd characters and designs, to the combo system (which is a more advanced version of MK's, notice that MK and KI had a back-and-forth in that respect) reference MK.

Like I said, it's a decent game. There were many far worse MK knockoffs. But people gassing it up and treating it like a classic either don't remember or weren't around.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps

It was explicitly working off of MK. The developers had a sarcastic sense of humor (you can see it in all their other games, too,) and wanted to throw a bunch of clichés and outlandish/ridiculous ideas together for the game, and MK was the primary source for that, since it was the most nonsensical big fighter of its time (almost all fighters are, but MK was the most ridiculous then, with some of the dumbest and lease coherent design and character ideas.) Everything from the theme music, the absurd characters and designs, to the combo system (which is a more advanced version of MK's, notice that MK and KI had a back-and-forth in that respect) reference MK.

Like I said, it's a decent game. There were many far worse MK knockoffs. But people gassing it up and treating it like a classic either don't remember or weren't around.

i was around for the arcades..and they are NOT alike
the controls are not the same, mk was stiffer and not as fluid as Killer instinct..
MK didnt become great til MK 2 and 3
the characters are not a rip off of MK, but fall into the fighting game genre with the stereo types

you are wrong:leostare:

mk rip off were

Last edited by a moderator:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

GTFOH. According to your definitions, every single fighting game is a MK knockoff. Outlandish characters? Cliches? Ridiculous characters? These are staples in all fighting games.

KI did not play like MK at all. KI had a strong focus on Combo moves and had double life bars instead of rounds. They did have the MK inspired finishing moves but aside from that there wasn't much MKish about KI. Two very different fighting games with very different gameplay styles

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:umad:

Maybe if Sony brings that cash, you negros could enjoy this premium gaming. But you instead choose to ride with the cheap asian system..:scusthov:

Have fun playing sailor moon 8! We'll be on that KI! :blessed:

Cheap asian system that outperforms xbox one in everything but watching television :whew:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You curious in a spiderman type of way bruh :wrist:
You love that Killer Instinct style, you want to play this new version that has HIT written all over it

Real talk, I didn't think they would pull it off. But to have a real Fighting game we can be proud of? And its exclusive? And its done by Microsoft :wtf:

Don't worry, you guys got Knack and a new Jak to keep you busy :heh:

If i wanted to play it that bad id but the 1 but its not going to be a classic so theres no need.