DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Do you think Fitz is the answer?
Long term. No.

However, reducing the chance of turnovers by staying committed to the short pass, which is Fitz's bread & butter, seems to be the better option considering we have a competent run offense. Although Fitz still scares us with "almost a pick on that throw" here and there...It's better than a Geno Smith throwing the long ball into double coverage causing a turnover after the gains Ivory makes.

Again...I DO want Geno to succeed. He doesn't need to be a Mike vick in his prime but if he could give us Tyrod Taylor performances, I'd be happy.

Thoughts?

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Long term. No.

However, reducing the chance of turnovers by staying committed to the short pass, which is Fitz's bread & butter, seems to be the better option considering we have a competent run offense. Although Fitz still scares us with "almost a pick on that throw" here and there...It's better than a Geno Smith throwing the long ball into double coverage causing a turnover after the gains Ivory makes.

Again...I DO want Geno to succeed. He doesn't need to be a Mike vick in his prime but if he could give us Tyrod Taylor performances, I'd be happy.

Thoughts?
My thing is we have no idea how Geno will play in this offense which is why I'm all for seeing what he have in him. We know what we're getting with Fitz and I don't trust him. I just want Geno to get a shot so we can know for sure if he's the answer or not seeing that we have a legit offensive weapons now.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
My thing is we have no idea how Geno will play in this offense which is why I'm all for seeing what he have in him. We know what we're getting with Fitz and I don't trust him. I just want Geno to get a shot so we can know for sure if he's the answer or not seeing that we have a legit offensive weapons now.
shyt...I can't argue with that breh. I'm prepared to admit I was enchanted by the 2-0 start. I do want to see what Geno can do.

You've convinced me breh, :salute:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Long term. No.

Thoughts?
It's not better. It's the same level of picks he throws. I will never get this belief, especially watching Fitz throw "almost" two picks in double coverage

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I get the need to see what we got with Geno, trust me I do. I'm a Geno guy. Here's my thing though. As much as we like to think we're a rebuilding team, are we really? We've got a lot of veterans on our squad. Revis, Cromartie, Harris, Marshall, Pace just to name a few. If we're 2-0, 3-0, and especially if we're undefeated going into our bye (which, idk if y'all realize, is a real possibility), how do we risk that with a guy we know has the tendency to turn the ball over. I might be off, but I feel like right now, with Fitz, we're San Fran a few years ago with Alex Smith. Let our D dominate, utilize our run and make occasional HUGE plays with Marshall and Decker. It's boring and safe as fukk, yes, but would rather a playoff berth (by winning the division possibly) or chance it with Geno? Idk, brehs. It ain't that simple. I'm in whichever way we go, but I'm just saying.... We know Fitz ain't the answer long term. Everyone knows that, but until he really shyts the bed (2-3 consecutive bad games), I'm not making that switch.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I don't think Geno sees the field this season unless Fitz gets hurt or it's mop up time in either direction
Not if he keeps missing opportunities on the field as he has looking at the film.

I worry about the offense getting stagnant if we don't have the defense giving us short fields.

Harleminthe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't know how people don't remember that Buffalo vs Jets in Toronto 2009 game. Where TO is out here giving Revis the business but Fitz was out there throwing duck making it easier for Revis to catch up and defend every pass

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Not if he keeps missing opportunities on the field as he has looking at the film.

I worry about the offense getting stagnant if we don't have the defense giving us short fields.

"Ryan is our starting quarterback right now. We’re doing well, we have good chemistry going and everything else and Geno understands that and as we go, Ryan is our quarterback. We’ll go forward from there."

Later when asked if Fitzpatrick would hypothetically be the starter were Smith healthy, Bowles said "Yes, Ryan is the starter."

It certainly doesn't sound like Bowles is going back to Geno any time soon.

Unless the Jets start losing or Fitz is absolutely horrible multiple weeks in a row, I don't see Geno getting on the field

NYC Rebel

Daps
"Ryan is our starting quarterback right now. We’re doing well, we have good chemistry going and everything else and Geno understands that and as we go, Ryan is our quarterback. We’ll go forward from there."

Later when asked if Fitzpatrick would hypothetically be the starter were Smith healthy, Bowles said "Yes, Ryan is the starter."

It certainly doesn't sound like Bowles is going back to Geno any time soon.

Unless the Jets start losing or Fitz is absolutely horrible multiple weeks in a row, I don't see Geno getting on the field
Dog....way too many missed opportunities seeing on film that will come back to bite the jets of the defense isn't setting us up.

I know one thing....Tommy Bohananon is a waste of flesh.

Worst blocking FB in the NFL

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
We should have put up more than 20 points against the colts.
Yeah, that was concerning and hopefully something they work on, if you can work on that at all. The score should have not been that close at all.