You guys were right. Mac's Shell Shocked album is FIRE!

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But 1998 was a great year for me and every song on that album was the soundtrack background music to all that greatness.

:umad:
Fair enough, had some dope cuts (Flip&Rip with Mac, the one with Fat Joe, I Guess Somebody with Fiend...), but it sounded REALLY polished compared to her previous stuff (hit singles Shine and Whatcha Wanna Do), whereas Good Girl Gone Bad sounded almost too gritty and unfinished. Unlady Like was the perfect mixture, love that album

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
"Despite the success of Phipps' debut album, it didn't fare as well outside Louisiana, prompting him to leave the label and join a local underground hip-hop group called Psycho Ward. "Mac and I came into Psycho Ward as solo artists," Janelle "Storm" Perrilliat told HuffPost. "Mac was a phenomenal lyricist, and our style complemented each other."

Phipps and Perrilliat eventually formed the rap duo "Mac & Storm." They performed at The House of Blues and other local hotspots in New Orleans, where they opened for several well-known groups, including Scarface and Outkast. The teens' music did not go unnoticed, and in the mid-'90s they were signed to Ionique Records.

Mac & Storm's debut single, "Mad or Jealous," was released in 1996. It was their only commercial release.

"The industry is shady," said Perrilliat. "We had managers who had their own interests and it was a nasty situation. I didn't want to deal with it, so I backed out and went to college." When Perrilliat left the group, Phipps was 19 and at a crossroads. "I [had] met with Kevin Liles at Def Jam [Recordings]," Phipps said. "They were interested and they were telling me about what I could do if I went to New York City, but I was not ready to make the move -- to get that far away from my family."
Rapper Killer Mike Deplores Prosecution Of McKinley Phipps: 'We Must Stand With Artists Like Mac'
Storm was also part of the black monks with 3-2

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Storm was also part of the black monks with 3-2
Never heard of that, do you know which songs she was featured on? Never heard them RAL BM albums, 3-2 solo album was cool

At 4:40 all members of BM are getting a shoutout here, only DA, Awol and 3-2 are mentioned:

EDIT: a female rapper named Assata Taffari (Quiet Storm) joined the Black Monks in 98 and was featured on many tracks off their album No Mercy:
@1:26

Last edited:

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Never heard of that, do you know which songs she was featured on? Never heard them RAL BM albums, 3-2 solo album was cool

At 4:40 all members of BM are getting a shoutout here, only DA, Awol and 3-2 are mentioned:

That's the og

She's on natural herbs n spices off the no mercy album..

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the og

She's on natural herbs n spices off the no mercy album..
According to discogs, she was also on Jungle Funk, Enemy Within and other cuts off No Mercy (1998). But she's a different female rapper named (Quiet) Storm. Real name Assata Taffari

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
According to discogs, she was also on Jungle Funk, Enemy Within and other cuts off No Mercy (1998). But she's a different female rapper named (Quiet) Storm. Real name Assata Taffari
Donna ended up suing rapalot...they didn't credit..her

Outlaws had issues as well

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
even if you right, the majority of the free world assumes that it's outlaw storm so don't come at me sideways or I'll trace your IP and send a hit squad to cut your balls off bytch nikka :ufdup:
:laff:

Just take the L breh

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Fair enough, had some dope cuts (Flip&Rip with Mac, the one with Fat Joe, I Guess Somebody with Fiend...), but it sounded REALLY polished compared to her previous stuff (hit singles Shine and Whatcha Wanna Do), whereas Good Girl Gone Bad sounded almost too gritty and unfinished. Unlady Like was the perfect mixture, love that album
good girl gone bad is the goat mia x album.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
so mac & storm aren't real siblings?

they look alike.