• Spawn

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I completely disagree with this post. When people say "what power do you want to have" they of course include the condition, they have the ability to control said power. This thread is from a casual prospective and nothing more. If you gave the power of superman to any a$$hole, then yes he could kill millions of lives by mistake but a thought like that is morbid and far from what people are pondering up when they brainstorm what they could do his abilities.

No I won't get technical on fantasy powers that don't exist with these piddly thoughts. Why even have the discussion if we are going go this route in the first place?

I assume OP means we receive these powers in the real world, fictional powers held by real people would have real consequences. This isn't like it's written by some author who tows the line of said characters personality, example, Superman and his set-in-stone boy-scout goodness.

The likelihood of someone with _________ powers using it for selfish reasons is very high, humans are not written by authors who seem to suspend and manipulate human personality and urges to their whim. People are selfish, self serving creatures. I think it's accurate to consider the variables of what this situation could possibly bring about.

Personally I think discussing the ramifications of people having superpowers and any potential boons or pitfalls is a fun thought exercise.

But do you. :ld:

Kenpachi

Waffles and Coke
Daps
Reppin
The Dec
As a kid I always wanted The Juggernauts power set. I figured I'd settle on becoming the GOAT running back and moonlight as a mercenary during the off season. fukk a training camp and OTA's :birdman:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I would have alot more fun swinging around a city as Spider-man :yeshrug:

e001

Superstar
Daps
Spiderman would be the last superhero I'd wanna be, his life is worse than mine. Thing is at the bottom of the list too.

I think Aquaman would be the coolest. Mr Fantastic and Doctor Strange too.

Last edited:

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I have a theory on personalities that are centered on OP characters like superman. Dude is so stacked it's not even a balance to the shyt. I am driven by the idea of balance and checks...even exchange etc. If given the power of a god...how would I retain the semblance of humanity? I would grow to despise us actually. :francis:

On a less somber note tho....Flight is prally the dopest shyt ever.:yeshrug:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I have a theory on personalities that are centered on OP characters like superman. Dude is so stacked it's not even a balance to the shyt. I am driven by the idea of balance and checks...even exchange etc. If given the power of a god...how would I retain the semblance of humanity? I would grow to despise us actually. :francis:

On a less somber note tho....Flight is prally the dopest shyt ever.:yeshrug:

That's why Supes has a secret identity and during his Clark Kent persona limits him self to only human actions, taking the Metropolis subway instead of using superspeed undetected, taking business class flights as opposed to flying himself, working as a journalist instead of using his intellect to analyze stocks and make billions, even sleeping when he doesn't need to. It keeps him grounded and 'human' as much as it could. Because, yeah it's a good chance your view of humanity would change and perhaps not for the better.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/A-God-Somewhere/TPB?id=109332
This comic deals with that idea.

And I agree flying would be amazing:

S'not fair man.:mjcry: