You ever listen to some older music then listen to this current stuff....

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
Old music like this will never die, because the old heads made sure
that it remain timeless. Tell me, will there ever be another Earth, Wind and
Fire again? Hell no! So keeping in spirit with this thread......

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The music ain't no worse. the buying public just sucks. It's still great music. Ya;; listen to the radio where they play the same 8 songs on a loop and then complain about quality.

yall don't buy cd's yall dl random mp3s or listen on youtube, you can't fully appreciate it.

Then the examples of classic songs are songs thats classic and everybody already knows. If music was so great pick a song thats not a solidified classic and give it some shine if you are a true music afficianado.

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
The music ain't no worse. the buying public just sucks. It's still great music. Ya;; listen to the radio where they play the same 8 songs on a loop and then complain about quality.

yall don't buy cd's yall dl random mp3s or listen on youtube, you can't fully appreciate it.

Then the examples of classic songs are songs thats classic and everybody already knows. If music was so great pick a song thats not a solidified classic and give it some shine if you are a true music afficianado.

are you about to compare the B-sides of today's music to the B-sides of music from the past?

:comeon:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
mozart is prolly wondering that same thing. you have a good point and i agree but music is always subjective and a reflection of the times. 20 years from now, like it or not, some of this shyt is going to be golden.

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
people are forget how easy it to become legendary in music buz.

all you need is make a song so good that you would want to sing to any one who wants it.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
mozart is prolly wondering thaddt same thing. you have a good point and i agree but music is always subjective and a reflection of the times. 20 years from now, like it or not, some of this shyt is going to be golden.

Like what? In reference to your avatar.......I can see things like "edge of glory" being considered that.....but mainly because it has an 80s flashback vibe to it....

There are tons and tons of great artists today, I think the difference nowadays compared to the past is that the Mainstream itself is underwhelming and you have to search for the good artists like...

Robert glasper
Esperanza spalding
Sade(guess she can be included in every decade lol)
Damian Marley
Melanie fiona

In terms of certain things being considered golden a generation from now(20 years) I can see some things but not as money like it used to be in the past...

Mainstream wise I have a feeling this may end up being a worst decade than the 00s in terms of music...