You ever listen to some older music then listen to this current stuff....

concise

Veteran
Daps
why not?

and what are some of the love songs youre referring to?

When you say other emotions which emotions are u referring to? Like besides love, what other emotions do u personally want to hear in your music?

And i dont understand what u mean by not as visble financially back in the days......is that a typo?

Plenty of people singing love songs like Maxwell, Anthony Hamilton, and others that you find on your local adult contemporary music station

typo should have read viable financially.

what other emotions do I want to hear? All of them. They can all be the basis of great art.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Agree 100%

shyt makes me feel like my parents but I see what they are saying cause now I actually go back and listen to the music they were listening to and I'm like, damn. The songs are simple but they are direct and genuine without being overtly freaky and shyt.

Dudes back then weren't depending on a hot beat, or a feature from another singer for their song to be hot.

Its sad cause I hear dope songs from lesser known artists that are kind of throwbacks to then and the first thing I think is "They'll never play this song on the radio" shyts just too commericial these days, I seriously can't even rememeber the last R&B song that was popular that I fukked with heavy.

Props to Chris Brown for "Fine China" though, it was an obvious rip off of some of MJ's work but we need more songs and videos like that.

it was always commercial. Those love songs of old were what moved units in those days. See my point about Marvin's "What's Going On"

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Plenty of people singing love songs like Maxwell, Anthony Hamilton, and others that you find on your local adult contemporary music station

typo should have read viable financially.

what other emotions do I want to hear? All of them. They can all be the basis of great art.

Lets not act like there are a rack of artists out here making love songs that are just being played on different stations..............cause we both know thats not true.

I bet you cant name 10 current artists off the top of your head who's music body is comprised mostly of love songs..................

also, u say u want to hear all of the human emotions in ur music.......i can dig that.........the question is do u feel the music thats being made/played now gives you that spectrum?

And lets not get it twisted when we're talking love music............like it has to be some slow jam where the artist is simping the apple of his eye........nah.....when i say love songs i mean songs that are rooted in love.....they can be party songs whatever.....but the basis of it is love........i.e. when u finish listening to it u feel good...........

Like i fukks with that wayne song "as long as my bytches love me" heavy.....prolly too heavy......but when "as long as my bytches love me" is stuck in my head after ive finished listening to it.................and then im singing that track to myself..........what types of subconcious things are really going on...........is that the type of shyt u want stuck in ur head?

or "throw it up throw it up........." u know what im sayin?

and what emotions are these songs rooted in???

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Lets not act like there are a rack of artists out here making love songs that are just being played on different stations..............cause we both know thats not true.

I bet you cant name 10 current artists off the top of your head who's music body is comprised mostly of love songs..................

also, u say u want to hear all of the human emotions in ur music.......i can dig that.........the question is do u feel the music thats being made/played now gives you that spectrum?

And lets not get it twisted when we're talking love music............like it has to be some slow jam where the artist is simping the apple of his eye........nah.....when i say love songs i mean songs that are rooted in love.....they can be party songs whatever.....but the basis of it is love........i.e. when u finish listening to it u feel good...........

Like i fukks with that wayne song "as long as my bytches love me" heavy.....prolly too heavy......but when "as long as my bytches love me" is stuck in my head after ive finished listening to it.................and then im singing that track to myself..........what types of subconcious things are really going on...........is that the type of shyt u want stuck in ur head?

or "throw it up throw it up........." u know what im sayin?

damn dis some real ass shyt

notice ALL the mainstream artist period are promoting something
music today is literally an advertisement for whatever they want
on top of us as a society gettin influenced by these advertisements
its gonna be hard for someone to bring that soulful back

think about this bro....when you go to Motown Museum you realize that when it started these nikkas was singing in a bathroom and came from being poor

people in general nowadays are not humble so the music will be never be humble again

shyt i aint perfect i listen to all type of crazy shyt but trust i grew up off of soul music its in my DNA but the times was different back then overall

nikkas is not humble even when they still tryna make it nowadays

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
nope.

i know this is somewhat a music site, but do yall not get tired of bashing todays music

Nope :heh:

There is some stuff today that I like, but the true widespread musicianship and emphasis on lyrical content is long gone. Sometimes I wish I could hop in a time machine. I'd come back of course :whoa:

:wow: :to:

@Kind Gentleman when we gonna slow dance to this?

:noah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Beastmode

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
i like today's music but i appreciate the old school too...that old school music just has a different feel to it

they had some beautiful music back then:ahh:

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers

Nope :heh:

There is some stuff today that I like, but the true widespread musicianship and emphasis on lyrical content is long gone. Sometimes I wish I could hop in a time machine. I'd come back of course :whoa:

The Jacksons Show You The Way To Go - YouTube

Isley Brothers- Living for the Love of you - YouTube

Stevie Wonder "visions" (1973) - YouTube

Debarge - What's Your Name - YouTube

:wow: :to:

@Kind Gentleman when we gonna slow dance to this?
Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life (Full Version) - YouTube

:noah:

Im about sing that MJ track to you soon. Just pretend im holding you.
:shaq:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
damn dis some real ass shyt

notice ALL the mainstream artist period are promoting something
music today is literally an advertisement for whatever they want
on top of us as a society gettin influenced by these advertisements
its gonna be hard for someone to bring that soulful back

think about this bro....when you go to Motown Museum you realize that when it started these nikkas was singing in a bathroom and came from being poor

people in general nowadays are not humble so the music will be never be humble again

shyt i aint perfect i listen to all type of crazy shyt but trust i grew up off of soul music its in my DNA but the times was different back then overall

nikkas is not humble even when they still tryna make it nowadays

i feel u...........i just hope u aint right about the music never being humble again

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Been bumping this for almost two months straight.

Unfortunately we are transisting into the age of Aquarius,
Tht age does not deal with emotions,
Like the previous one.
Which is why etertainment is bland and repetitive compared to previous generations like the 60's, 70's and 80's.
We also sold and lost our souls for a quick buck,
We also do not have any black leaders either.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Great example of some of that "love" (Love meaning a love for fellow man. A love of life. Of happiness. Not literally love songs.) The feel of the music, the content of the lyrics. Just beautiful man. :to:

Music was like a movement of positivity. THIS is the shyt I miss hearing/feeling. I was too young to experience it live. But my parents raised me on this shyt (5 years after it was released).

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
i think the element of songwriting is missing in r and b. i miss when babyface would write hits for boyz 2 men or toni braxton or the whispers. people need to realize. r and b isnt hip hop. there isnt emphasis on if you write your own lyrics. all that matter is that you display the emotion thats in the song.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
One simple thing that I just realized. If you take a look at the album covers from back then, people were smiling. NOBODY smiles on their cover these days. What happened to us? :why:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I I think we can all agree with the same general consensus about music today compared to music from the past.....but let us not forget there are some great artists like Esperanza Spalding out there.