You ever listen to some older music then listen to this current stuff....

concise

Veteran
Daps
Lets not act like there are a rack of artists out here making love songs that are just being played on different stations..............cause we both know thats not true.

I bet you cant name 10 current artists off the top of your head who's music body is comprised mostly of love songs..................

also, u say u want to hear all of the human emotions in ur music.......i can dig that.........the question is do u feel the music thats being made/played now gives you that spectrum?

And lets not get it twisted when we're talking love music............like it has to be some slow jam where the artist is simping the apple of his eye........nah.....when i say love songs i mean songs that are rooted in love.....they can be party songs whatever.....but the basis of it is love........i.e. when u finish listening to it u feel good...........

Like i fukks with that wayne song "as long as my bytches love me" heavy.....prolly too heavy......but when "as long as my bytches love me" is stuck in my head after ive finished listening to it.................and then im singing that track to myself..........what types of subconcious things are really going on...........is that the type of shyt u want stuck in ur head?

or "throw it up throw it up........." u know what im sayin?

and what emotions are these songs rooted in???

Red - It's true because they're not being played on multiple stations. Not because they're not making them.

Blue- I probably could, but there's no way to actually prove it over a message board. So I won't try.

Green - I seek out the music I like, so yeah.

Bold - Love can't break your heart? :comeon: There aren't sad love songs?

Underline - I don't listen to Wayne, so I don't know what to say. His music isn't that interesting to me, never really was, so I don't listen to it.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Even during the dark times, love can still occasionally shine thru. This shyt had :to: the first time I heard it. I felt that shyt for real.

Last edited by a moderator:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
One of my favorite songs growing up....I've listened to some of her other work and its amazing how she was once just Madonna's backup singer when she would destroy her in singing ability.....

A testament to the music industry how songs like these are only known by people who watched the movie its on(The Big Green)

To go back to my point, we have good artists like Esperanza Spalding, but they always seem to be underground or under the radar. I remember there was an uproar over her winning Best New Artist at the Grammys years ago because people were sad their repititive and bland music could not win...

We are so consumed with the filth it is like we have looked at it as the norm

Anyway here is the song by the talented Nikki Haris

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5hsu0r8CU"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5hsu0r8CU[/ame]

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
was by jamaica avenue in queens friday night and i have to say.....the stuff we listen to is an absolutely embarrassment.......

little miniature weezy's walking along yelling to themselves with no headphones about some token rap song "And these bytches suck my dikk' loud as hell and embarrass themselves around older Black Men and Women and make you just put your head down in shame at being only a couple years removed older than them.......and sometimes even younger.......

and because of clowns like that they don't realize the good actual music out there...

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Teedra ,fantasia, tank and maxwell are a few that keep us alive.

:mjpls: dont act like 90's r&b aint have shyt on lock.

concise

Veteran
Daps
was by ... friday night and i have to say.....the stuff we listen to is an absolutely embarrassment.......

... walking along yelling to themselves with no headphones about some token rap song "And these bytches suck my dikk' loud as hell and embarrass themselves around older Black Men and Women and make you just put your head down in shame at being only a couple years removed older than them.......and sometimes even younger.......

and because of clowns like that they don't realize the good actual music out there...

were the critics back in the early 90s right all along? :ohhh:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I think over time people just get their views warped by time. Nostalgia, not even remembering or living in the era, what gets played all the times on the oldies stations can all warp your sense of what the music of a certain period was like. We can say that all the music from a certain decade was crack but let's not act like it all was.

If you really searched and looked and discovered music like that outside of what's given to you, I'm sure you'd find some artists who could touch your soul or your heart. Whichever you're looking for.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
you ever seen one of those little toy robots that walk in a straight line.....

until they hit a wall.

they take a step and a half back then walk forward the same exact steps

until they hit that wall,

they take a step and a half back then walk forward the same exact steps

until they hit that wall,

and here we are.

I think it was Malcolm X who was saying he was against what are basically housing projects because it would wind down to the lowest of our low eating its own filth, each generation being worse off than the last (yes, I'm paraphrasing, he may not have said that at all.)

That's basically what we got with our music. A bunch of nikkas- think about how small the loop has gotten when the newest artists are inspired by the newest artists?

It's like shytting in your hand and trowing it on a plate, calling it a 5 star meal.

Before, it was like going out and learning of different cooking techniques and going out to your garden and picking the freshest shyt and getting the freshest meats or seafood and cooking that shyt 50 times before you got it perfected enough to even let your girlfriend taste it cause you wanted to impress her.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Yeah and it's part of the reasons why I take breaks from listening to a lot of rap every few days or so. Also why I don't run and download all the new shyt that comes out like I would before.