You ever listen to some older music then listen to this current stuff....

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
and wonder how weve gotten to this point?

Im listening to Sam Cooke's-The Man and His Music album and the whole thing is love music...............there is nothing like it out today.......nothing.....

why is that? Is the love in our people lost or is the current music being made/played not accuratly depicting our real feelings?

Speak on it

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Love in music got thrown in the bushes when the concept of family got corrupted in the 80's, mainstream media spoon fed us the idea that negativity is "cool" and the record label execs took control of the airwaves.
If you listen to music (in particular music from the 70's), it was all about life and love. From the late 80's on, music seemed to take a downward turn and was primarily focused on expressions of finances and/or death.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Love in music got thrown in the bushes when the concept of family got corrupted in the 80's, mainstream media spoon fed us the idea that negativity is "cool" and the record label execs took control of the airwaves.
If you listen to music (in particular music from the 70's), it was all about life and love. From the late 80's on, music seemed to take a downward turn and was primarily focused on expressions of finances and/or death.

i feel u......but what i cant get my head around is whether the change was because our people really lost the love or was it by design.....or was it a little of both.....

The 80's and 90's was crack time.......and alot of love was lost during this time period........personally, the music nikkas was making in the 90's was in tune with how i was feeling.......(the infamous, ready to die, illmatic, etc.)............

but im older now and more about love and im wondering if im on a island with my feelings and everybody is really feeling this anti love music like how i was feeling the infamous, ready to die and illmatic or is the music being made now really not in tune with the way people really are feeling?.....

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
these rap/singing nikkas is just walkin advertisements

some of em give me motivation to get dis money

but as far as Motown/Soulful music it might be over

nikkas wanna hear weird crybabies like the Weekend nowadays

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbZ_k1Z8gU[/ame]

#hardonhoes :hoh:

@Say It Wit Ya Chest
They had music conveying negativity, but just not as blatant as "Pull up on they block and start bussin/Shoot a nikka then act like its nothin" :weirdo:

As others have said, its the result of monetizing art.

concise

Veteran
Daps
people still make "love music" today. It's just not going to be as popular these days as then.

People want other emotions as well, especially since other emotions were not as visble financially back in the days. Remember Berry Gordy originally didn't even want to release "What's Going On" at all because he thought nobody wanted to hear anything that political or depressing. He was wrong, but that kind of thinking was the thinking of most of the gatekeepers back then.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope.

i know this is somewhat a music site, but do yall not get tired of bashing todays music
okay theres no music like back then.....we get it.
nobody stopping u from blasting them old school songs all day so u wouldnt have to biitch and moan about todays music

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Agree 100%

shyt makes me feel like my parents but I see what they are saying cause now I actually go back and listen to the music they were listening to and I'm like, damn. The songs are simple but they are direct and genuine without being overtly freaky and shyt.

Dudes back then weren't depending on a hot beat, or a feature from another singer for their song to be hot.

Its sad cause I hear dope songs from lesser known artists that are kind of throwbacks to then and the first thing I think is "They'll never play this song on the radio" shyts just too commericial these days, I seriously can't even rememeber the last R&B song that was popular that I fukked with heavy.

Props to Chris Brown for "Fine China" though, it was an obvious rip off of some of MJ's work but we need more songs and videos like that.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
people still make "love music" today. It's just not going to be as popular these days as then.

why not?

and what are some of the love songs youre referring to?

People want other emotions as well, especially since other emotions were not as visble financially back in the days.

When you say other emotions which emotions are u referring to? Like besides love, what other emotions do u personally want to hear in your music?

And i dont understand what u mean by not as visble financially back in the days......is that a typo?