‘You Don’t Fully Realize How Big This Problem Is’: Black Men being Unemployed is Costing the U.S. Economy $50 Billion per Year

Tair

Superstar
Daps

‘You Don’t Fully Realize How Big This Problem Is’: Black Men Continue to Have the Highest Unemployment Rate, Costing the US Economy $50B a Year​

The number of unemployed Black men in the U.S. has grown so much that it’s costing Black communities $50 billion in income every year, a study published last week revealed.

The study found that there’s an employment gap of about 1.4 million jobs between Black men and their Asian, Hispanic and white counterparts. Black men are absent from hundreds of thousands of jobs in part because they have a higher rate of being in prison, being killed or simply being looked over for positions, said Algernon Austin, who authored the study published by the Center for Economic and Policy Research.

“Black people need to take this report and take it to their elected official and say ‘You need to do more because you don’t fully realize how big this problem is,’ ” Austin told Finurah. “I’m hoping that this work serves to inspire people, and, frankly, particularly Black men.”

Using employment data from 2014, Austin’s study tallied Black men between ages 25 and 54 and examined how many of them were employed nd then compared that to the total Black male population. He concluded that Black men would have to nab about 947,000 jobs that year to equal the rate other men are working relative to their population. Adding those jobs would have generated billions of dollars in wages funneled into Black communities, the study found.

Although the findings come from 2014 data, Austin said the takeaways can be applied to 2021 and beyond. Black neighborhoods with a large infusion of income from men working would see lower crime rates, longer surviving small businesses and higher educational attainment among children, Austin said.

“If we can get that $50 billion in, not only are people’s lives made better today, but the next generation is going to be better off,” he said.

Source: ‘You Don’t Fully Realize How Big This Problem Is’: Black Men Continue to Have the Highest Unemployment Rate, Costing the US Economy $50B a Year

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

CACs will always cut their nose to spite their face if it means hurting us.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

CACs will always cut their nose to spite their face if it means hurting us.
facts

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
Don’t hire black men then complain about them costing the economy cacs :mjlol:

On a serious note most young black man I know is trying to become self employed and have kind of hustle and business besides depending on please hire me whitey and I think it’s a good thing. Even those with a good job want to do their own thing at some point Myself included.

Some will fail some will succeed it is what it is :yeshrug:

I’m supposed to work at your company for 40 years at a job with zero mobility and deal with y’all passive aggressiveness and subtle racism for decades ? Nah can’t do that

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
THEY WANT SLAVES but they want to be racist in the hiring process.

Let me make something extremely clear the cost of living has risen.inflation is out of control and jobs are paying less then previously.

“For every 10 white men without convictions who got a job offer or callback, more than 7 white men with prison records also did, the study found. But the difference grew far larger for black applicants: For every 10 black men without criminal convictions, only about 3 with records got offers or callbacks” LINK:Race a Factor in Job Offers for Ex-Convicts (Published 2005)

A white convict has just as much of a chance to get hired then a clean record black man. It’s laughable :mjlol: .

So they want good little slaves to come in and work a job that they know you will never get promoted for , don’t talk back to master and go home. And the reason I used the word slave is extremely Particular because a slave got housing and food. Most can only afford house and food :francis:.

How many times have you walked into a establishment and there’s plenty of black women but no black menI’m not the type to compete and hate on women do you think it’s a coincidence NOT ONE BLACK MAN just black women and a bunch of others.:mjlol:

The future is looking dark and it’s Everyman for himself accept that and you should be fine honestly. Learn a trade, start a business BUT YOU MUST FIRGUE SOMETHING OUT FAST. white people are struggling what you think going to happen to you breh .

We can no longer wait for society to do right if I do right . If I go to school and stay out of trouble and cut my hair and wear a nice suit hopefully everything will work out it never has worked and it never will . You must take some kind of risk . Start that business , that online store ,start a company tomorrow and make yourself boss . And if you have a trade/job to fall back on EVEN BETTER

MONEY MAKING SHOULD BE YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. PRIORITY UNO

By next year I should be 100% working for myself

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
cac babble.
UKVu0t8.gif

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman

‘You Don’t Fully Realize How Big This Problem Is’: Black Men Continue to Have the Highest Unemployment Rate, Costing the US Economy $50B a Year​

The number of unemployed Black men in the U.S. has grown so much that it’s costing Black communities $50 billion in income every year, a study published last week revealed.

The study found that there’s an employment gap of about 1.4 million jobs between Black men and their Asian, Hispanic and white counterparts. Black men are absent from hundreds of thousands of jobs in part because they have a higher rate of being in prison, being killed or simply being looked over for positions, said Algernon Austin, who authored the study published by the Center for Economic and Policy Research.

“Black people need to take this report and take it to their elected official and say ‘You need to do more because you don’t fully realize how big this problem is,’ ” Austin told Finurah. “I’m hoping that this work serves to inspire people, and, frankly, particularly Black men.”

Using employment data from 2014, Austin’s study tallied Black men between ages 25 and 54 and examined how many of them were employed nd then compared that to the total Black male population. He concluded that Black men would have to nab about 947,000 jobs that year to equal the rate other men are working relative to their population. Adding those jobs would have generated billions of dollars in wages funneled into Black communities, the study found.

Although the findings come from 2014 data, Austin said the takeaways can be applied to 2021 and beyond. Black neighborhoods with a large infusion of income from men working would see lower crime rates, longer surviving small businesses and higher educational attainment among children, Austin said.

“If we can get that $50 billion in, not only are people’s lives made better today, but the next generation is going to be better off,” he said.

Source: ‘You Don’t Fully Realize How Big This Problem Is’: Black Men Continue to Have the Highest Unemployment Rate, Costing the US Economy $50B a Year

Y’all gotta stop wailing and crying. Just grind. Find another way. Every time I post something about getting paid it gets ignored . That’s tell you about the mind of a lot of black men. Not gonna be able to force white people to hire you so you have to find another way.

Last edited: