"Yeah, at $700 the PS5 Pro is expensive for a console, but I spent more than double that on my GPU alone"-PC Gamer

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When people tell you to "just get a gaming PC" instead, they aren't thinking about what it means to start from scratch. For a lot of people, it's just not a realistic alternative. Then there's the argument that the PS5 just doesn't have the games to justify the cost, and while my knee jerk reaction is to agree, that's only because I already have a top of the line PC, so I already have access to all the games. I don't use my PS5 that much because my PC has me covered, but for someone without a PC, a PS5 Pro is gonna offer a whole lotta gaming. It's not the best it's ever been, but the first-party lineup is still very strong. If you don't have a basic PS5, it's going to keep you busy for years. And through PS Plus, you're immediately getting access to a gargantuan library of games from across PlayStation history.

Yes, Sony's first-party games are now making their way over to PC, and these are the definitive versions, but we're still not at the point where they're getting simultaneous releases. And it's not just the first-party games. GTA 6 is coming, it's going to dominate lives and suck all the oxygen out of the room, and PC gamers are gonna be stuck waiting. We have it really, really good, but console gaming is not without its advantages.

Our recommended budget PC will set you back over $700 and is designed to get you gaming at 1080p. That's before you add all the peripherals and accoutrements. If you shop around and get used components, you could build something comparable to the PS5 Pro for the same price, but if you don't already have all the other bits and bobs, you're still going to be spending more. And there's the labour involved. You'll need to put this thing together yourself, and while plenty of folks will be eager to tell you how easy that is, I've got to disagree. It's time consuming, and all it takes is for one thing to go wrong to set you back hours as you test and fiddle. I've built a couple of PCs, and hated the experience so much that nowadays I shell out for pre-built rigs. I'll happily replace individual components, but if it's an entirely new PC, I'm paying someone else to do it.

Steam Stans finally making some sense. The time consuming aspect of building the PC and setting it all up is not taken into consideration.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Here is my $700 PC, gaming has never been better

images

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

images
If you need to fix stuttering in Elden Ring just follow what's after this guide:

I tried a lot of things including

Switch from Fullscreen to Borderless Windowed (the game does run better in Borderless Windowed)

Disable Ray Tracing. This one is no brainer as Ray Tracing doesn't make Elden Ring look much different anyways

Setting 59 and 60 FPS cap in Nvidia Control Panel. I tried both numbers.

Setting V Sync on / V Sync Fast in NVCP

Update bios

Update GPU drivers

Disable Shader Cache/ Set Shader Cache to Unlimited in NVCP

Delete Xbox App and Remove Xbox Game Pass games from PC. This was mentioned in other reddit posts as a Fix.

Disable Root Enumerators in Device Manager. There's Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator and Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator in Software Devices. I disabled both.

Disabled multiple audio drivers in Device Manger that were active at the same time. This can drastically improve your game performance in every pc game, but unfortunately this did not remove the stutter in Elden Ring.

Disabled Xvdd SCSI Miniport in Device Manger under Storage Controllers. This is was said to be associated with Xbox Game Services and others on reddit have linked it to Elden Ring stutter. This did not fix the stutter.

I run a balanced Power Plan with usb selective suspend Disabled. The USB setting can help remove stutter as well in other pc games, but this did not fix the Elden Ring stutter.

I've done more things as well, but lost track at this point, now I'm watching the Event Log trying to find something that may suggest something is wrong with my PC. I'm not well versed into PC troubleshooting and this has been really aggravating me trying to fix this. I may end up playing the DLC on PS5 instead of PC if I'm unable to fix this. Anyone else having similar issues?
Run Furmark for 3 hours to stress test your GPU in case you need to do that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

images

A Budget Gaming Rig using a milk crate for a case? :ohhh:

@PS5 Pro I have a business proposition. :mjgrin:

Kid: "Mommy, I want a gaming compooter."
Mom: "But Baby, we don't have that kinda money :to: "
Kid: "I know mommy, but I was looking online on TheColi.com and I saw this ad I need you to take a look at"
Mom: "A gaming computer for only 400 dollars, but the power of a 4000 dollar computer???"
Kid: "Yeah mommy, these 2 nig...I mean black guys started a company where they get "n'used" computer parts to build POWAFUL gaming rigs. Word to the comeup shuffle!!!!"
Mom: "You know what Little Cooper, I think me and Santa can make it happen. :hug: "
Kid: "Aww jeez, thanks Mom!! And thank you CourtRekk Gaming!!! :blessed: "
Mom: "Is that a Milk Crate son? :wtf:

COURTREKK GAMING PCS - WE MAKE THE COMPETITION FURIOUS!!!!!

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

Steam Stans finally making some sense. The time consuming aspect of building the PC and setting it all up is not taken into consideration.
Anyone saying it is a time consuming process to put together a PC is an idiot. At most if you are fukking up at every step it would take a few hours. Plus once you are done and get it working, you do not have to do it anymore. People love making simple shyt sound complicated.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Anyone saying it is a time consuming process to put together a PC is an idiot. At most if you are fukking up at every step it would take a few hours. Plus once you are done and get it working, you do not have to do it anymore. People love making simple shyt sound complicated.

93ag2s.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dueling narratives all falling apart.

PC stan’s be like “PC gaming ain’t that expensive” then piece together some poverty ass rig that nobody wants to play on.

Console stans be like “PC gaming to expensive” Then run out and buy $2000+ worth of hardware and spend hundreds of dollars to play online

Sony stan’s be like “exclusives, esclusives” then run on here posting steam ccu numbers :mjlol:

Nintendo stan’s be like “MARIO :noah:

In reality, none of these arguments are gonna persuade anyone.

In 2024 people are locked into their hardware of choice, none of this shyt people make a big deal about on forums really means anything :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

PC stan’s be like “PC gaming ain’t that expensive” then piece together some poverty ass rig that nobody wants to play on.

Console stans be like “PC gaming to expensive” Then run out and buy $2000+ worth of hardware and spend hundreds of dollars to play online

Sony stan’s be like “exclusives, esclusives” then run on here posting steam ccu numbers :mjlol:

In 2024 people are locked into their hardware of choice, none of this shyt people make a big deal about ok forums really means anything :manny:

93ag2s.jpg

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I have seen people that never put a PC together do it in around 30 minutes. Said it is too hard and too complicated but once it was done said it was easy as shyt. If you have full use of your hands and can read or watch a instructional video, you can put together a PC in a short amount of time.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In 2024 people are locked into their hardware of choice, none of this shyt people make a big deal about on forums really means anything :manny:
All this shyt ass. Gaming ain’t been sexy this gen at all

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All this shyt ass. Gaming ain’t been sexy this gen at all
IMO there’s lots to play.

shyt ain’t “sexy” cause all platforms gotta make some concessions and similar moves, so the people online talking shyt have much less ammo to work with.

The actual games are fine. The narratives are dying :manny:

Console gaming ain’t that cheap. PC gaming ain’t that hard. Exclusives are dead. And nintendo ain’t shyt. :yeshrug: