Y'all who watched DBZ, isn't the whole vibe of the show fukking confusing?

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
So we have a Japanese man, who looks like a stereotypical Asian.

He decides to create an epic story, so there must be a hero and a villain.
The hero is Goku and the villain is Frieza
The saiyan race are almost annihilated and taken as slaves by Frieza (black)
The saiyan race are said to be apes with unrivaled combat prowess (warriors) and have hair that always sticks up (black)
The saiyans look like stereotypical whites, and when they power up for battle they turn into blonde hair green eyed aryans/cacs.
Now, the villain Frieza looks like a stereotypical asian (short, thin eyes, stubby nose), however he is shown to be of white complexion and actually has features of a monkey.

Compare Goku vs Frieza and tell me which looks more asian and which looks more white

latest
main-qimg-37ea1b59024563d149ca5690052d8c87

My point is this... I think the creator of this manga had extremely low self esteem issues with race, and sought influences from groups around the world.

For example, the origins of saiyans and their representation are very similiar to black folk. However their presentation of strength (blonde hair green eyes) is similiar to whites. But then he makes the ultimate villain look like his people, and not only that, but have them looking LIKE ACTUAL MONKEYS.
Instead of making his people the heroes, he instead made them the villains.
Also i dont believe the bs of him not meaning for the characters to be blonde, and it just saving ink. Was the green eyes saving ink as well? :mjlol:

Now that I think about it, Naruto is the same as well. That emo kid is supposed to be asian, and Naruto white. The whole history of the asians is fukked up though (they are cursed)

I think when it comes to c00nery, Japanese folk might actually take the cake :ohhh:
We're just so used to them sucking white dikk that we tend to overlook it.

Have any of y'all caught this or is it just me? I'd love to pick apart his brain to figure out what his influences where in the creation of the characters.

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
We dropped 2 atom bombs on them. They don't want them problems anymore so they self-criticize/humble themselves culturally so they aren't perceived as a threat.

Goku is actually based on the Monkey King character from Japanese folklore.

:snooze:
I’ve heard of tales about son Goku, and the nimbus. Was the monkey kings people taken as slaves?

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

The saiyan race are said to be apes with unrivaled combat prowess (warriors) and have hair that always sticks up (black)
The saiyans look like stereotypical whites, and when they power up for battle they turn into blonde hair green eyed aryans/cacs.
Now, the villain Frieza looks like a stereotypical asian (short, thin eyes, stubby nose), however he is shown to be of white complexion and actually has features of a monkey.

Compare Goku vs Frieza and tell me which looks more asian and which looks more white

latest

My point is this... I think the creator of this manga had extremely low self esteem issues with race, and sought influences from groups around the world.

For example, the origins of saiyans and their representation are very similiar to black folk. However their presentation of strength (blonde hair green eyes) is similiar to whites. But then he makes the ultimate villain look like his people, and not only that, but have them looking LIKE ACTUAL MONKEYS.
Also i dont believe the bs of him not meaning for the characters to be blonde, and it just saving ink. Was the green eyes saving ink as well? :mjlol:

Now that I think about it, Naruto is the same as well. That emo kid is supposed to be asian, and Naruto white. The whole history of the asians is fukked up though (they are cursed)

I think when it comes to c00nery, Japanese folk might actually take the cake :ohhh:

Have any of y'all caught this or is it just me? I'd love to pick apart his brain to figure out what his influences where in the creation of the characters.
well the creator of naruto has stated he made naruto blond and blue-eyed so people like him more :mjpls:
as for dbz yes it has heavy subliminals.
the only way for the sayians to win is to achieve super sayian and later in the series it's their default forms when in combat.
not only that but the whole drop rules with their offspring. i get it's a good story mechanic but it's interesting he thought of that.
BUT BIG BUT
the sayians are inspired from the monkey king a really famous asian tale that almost all asians know.

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
well the creator of naruto has stated he made naruto blond and blue-eyed so people like him more :mjpls:
as for dbz yes it has heavy subliminals.
the only way for the sayians to win is to achieve super sayian and later in the series it's their default forms when in combat.
not only that but the whole drop rules with their offspring. i get it's a good story mechanic but it's interesting he thought of that.
BUT BIG BUT
the sayians are inspired from the monkey king a really famous asian tale that almost all asians know.

I'm glad you agree, I hesitated making that post tbh.

And yes, even I know of the tales of son Goku, but that doesn't discredit any racial ideologies that he may have implemented in the story.
The Japanese were an evil empire as well, and close friends with the Nazis. You think that may have something to do with it?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad you agree, I hesitated making that post tbh.

And yes, even I know of the tales of son Goku, but that doesn't discredit any racial ideologies that he may have implemented in the story.
The Japanese were an evil empire as well, and close friends with the Nazis. You think that may have something to do with it?
yeah no doubt.
the whole sayian thing is heavily inspired by racial ideologies. especially Vegeta who is basically a sayian hotep.
Goku is almost a c00n or at least a person with no culture.
what's also intresting is that when you look at the backstory of the sayians it kind of shows that frieza was mostly right. the sayians just went around killing everyone until frieza conquered them.
then that brings you into the whole african-american/african tribilism that is almost in the sayian arc.
Raditz and Vegeta always limited themselves but Goku who lost his culture never did. which in turn betters Vegeta.
you could almost right an essay on this.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps

latest

OP that's anime in general. The characters tend to never look Asian.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
The blond hair and blue eyes are undeniable cac like traits in Dbz but besides that in general people give cacs waaaaay too much credit in thinking everyone looks like them in manga/anime. Certain series certainly do a service to make sure characters look like cacs (ex. Attack on Titan). Most manga/anime characters look vastly different, first off if they wanted it accurate gotta start off with the redskin.