Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
So what show was Summer watching during this episode:dame:

835960.jpg

838463.jpg

Daps
a little thing that bugs me is why don't the creators give morty some superpowers or make him smart like rick??? :dahell: you telling me rick can't make something to increase morty's intellect?

He needs Morty to be dumb in order to help disguise his genius. Maybe that's why you always see him demeaning him or calling him stupid blatantly. On top of the fact that a cocky/smart Morty is a dangerous thing. My thing is with every epidsode we're starting to see Morty get smarter (or just maybe more experienced), but I wanna see how that plays out.

Daps
One cool thing this ep answered was the question of whether Rick actually cares about Morty, and he does. He views his love for Morty as a weakness and that's why it was detoxed from him.

from a reddit thread:

"I noticed that the very first thing Toxic Rick does when he wakes up in the gunk world is scream for Morty. He wasn't concerned about anything that was going on around him yet, he just wanted to make sure Morty was fine before he began to shyt on everything.. A cool foreshadowing to how much Toxic Rick actually cares about Morty"

I didn't catch this at first, but it's awesome they keep throwing in subtle hints of how much he cares. They did that in the first season ( S01E10 - Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind) when they were looking at his memories you see Rick holding a baby Morty. So even tho he was gone for 20 some odd years he still took the time to portal in and visit him as a baby. But I feel like it's something deeper to Rick's affection for Morty. Like he knows something will happen in the future maybe, or feels some type of guilt for something he's done, because he doesn't show the same affection for Beth or Summer.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Morty is my favorite. Every episode he gets better. And as much as I love clean Morty....regular Morty is....sigh what we have.
This ep is kind of inspiring, those results of that detox had Morty picking up 10s, making 6 figures, the condo...homie was living the life by just being happy and stellar. Amazing. :to: