Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
i don't get the appeal of this show. tried to watch two episodes and i can't deal with the annoying ass kid.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
So, safe to say Rick & Morty is probably getting cancelled with Justin Roiland being investigated for felony domestic violence & being a pedo? :picard:

I don't think the show is getting cancelled. Dan Harmon has a history of controversy surrounding him and he continued to work on the show. That includes using his power to sexually harass one of his writers when he was in charge of Community. And remember that baby doll skit that resurfaced? Right now, they're still going through those 70 episodes. They have two seasons in production right now (seven and eight) and they're about to start writing another season in the next few months. That deal's getting completed no matter what, then maybe the network will cancel the show.

I believe Adult Swim will end up firing Justin if enough pressure is put on them to do so. That's the only thing they could do. The Loud House survived after Chris Savino was fired for sexual misconduct. Ren & Stimpy survived after John K was fired for missing deadlines. Rick and Morty will survive this as long as those 70 episodes are completed and aired.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't think the show is getting cancelled. Dan Harmon has a history of controversy surrounding him and he continued to work on the show. That includes using his power to sexually harass one of his writers when he was in charge of Community. And remember that baby doll skit that resurfaced? Right now, they're still going through those 70 episodes. They have two seasons in production right now (seven and eight) and they're about to start writing another season in the next few months. That deal's getting completed no matter what, then maybe the network will cancel the show.

I believe Adult Swim will end up firing Justin if enough pressure is put on them to do so. That's the only thing they could do. The Loud House survived after Chris Savino was fired for sexual misconduct. Ren & Stimpy survived after John K was fired for missing deadlines. Rick and Morty will survive this as long as those 70 episodes are completed and aired.

I know about Dan Harmon's past. He apologized at the height of the whole #MeToo movement & Megan Ganz ended up accepting his apology (I think she did anyway). They did a thing on This American Life about it. It seems like he fixed his public image after that.

Justin is the voice of both Rick and Morty. If they fire him, how can they have the show without him?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I know about Dan Harmon's past. He apologized at the height of the whole #MeToo movement & Megan Ganz ended up accepting his apology (I think she did anyway). They did a thing on This American Life about it. It seems like he fixed his public image after that.

Justin is the voice of both Rick and Morty. If they fire him, how can they have the show without him?

Replace him and nobody will be able to tell the diddly-ifference. :troll:

There's a precedent for this. At this point, Justin is just a voice actor. He's not as involved in the show as he used to be, neither is Dan. The 70-episode deal allowed them to hire outside people like Scott Marder to take over the day-to-day operations of the show so they have more time to work on other projects. If they fire Justin, the show could continue with no issues as long as they hire the right replacement. John K got fired from Ren & Stimpy and he was the creator of the show, the showrunner, and the voice of Ren. Nickelodeon still got rid of him because he was wasting the budget by turning in episodes late.

Futurama is coming back this year and we were this close to not having John DiMaggio as Bender. They were just going to have someone new voice Bender every episode before they negotiated a deal.

Aaron McGruder created The Boondocks and wrote or co-wrote every episode. Sony still fired him because they felt like he wasn't working fast enough and season four was way behind schedule.

Adam F. Goldberg created The Goldbergs. Multiple episodes are based on actual events in his life. When season seven started, he stepped down as showrunner and Disney found a way to make episodes at a cheaper price. He still wanted to be involved, but the producers rejected his ideas and wouldn't even let him come back to write the episode where his father dies. They gradually pushed him out of the show he created, to the point where he openly hates the show now and regrets ever making it.

If Adult Swim has to, they will fire Justin and get someone new to voice Rick and Morty. His issues aren't going to cost everyone their jobs and the executives their money.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He’s white so he’s already got that in his favor.

His co-creator Dan Harmon was able to skate away from similar (though not as egregious) accusations and nowadays he’s bigger than ever.

Like @Mike the Executioner said Cartoon Network WILL get those 70 episodes come Hell or High water. Rick & Morty is their runaway biggest series and NOTHING short of murder is going to cancel it. They probably won’t move to even get rid of Roiland if things stay as is and he agrees to an Ezra Miller type situation and they ship him off to therapy so he can “rebrand” himself. Its interesting to note that NO court documents have leaked on his case and everything is sealed. No round the clock TMZ investigations or interviews with his alleged victims. Everything regarding his sick behavior is coming from chicks online who are posting past DM’s and texts.

They’re ALREADY setting this dude up to come out shyt’s creek cleaner than a bar of Dial soap. I’d be absolutely shocked if he doesn’t finish the series out. Dude is a cash cow.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY