Yall Sleeping on NBC's New Family Show "This Is Us"

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Didn't even realize there was a thread, this joint caught me in my feels
I'm a big fan of Randall, Jack, Rebecca and Kate, Kevin is a lame though
It's one show I can watch and enjoy with my wife, we told each other we weren't gonna cry in the nashville ep but :mjcry: we weren't strong enough
I really thought they were gonna off Jack.... that's my ace! Rebecca looking funny in the light though, even I a huge mandy moore fan (as a person not as a singer, don't ask me why) must admit that.
Jack is pretty much the best white dad you can ask for

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
How nobody tried to put me on to this :gucci: I should neg everybody in this piece:ufdup:
There should be a warning about onions being cut when this show is on:to:
I always heard about this but always tough it was some corny shyt, I was wrong :whew:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Surprised this thread has no traction considering it's the top scripted drama on all of TV.
Show about two white people taking a black baby home as if the kid were an abandoned puppy ... just doesn't appeal to me. How two cacs gonna raise a black man into a man?

:yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Surprised this thread has no traction considering it's the top scripted drama on all of TV.

Again coli ain’t real life. I don’t post in here when I’m watching cause I actually want to watch lol. There’s too much going on and I’m too invested in the characters to post shyt. I want to enjoy it

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Show about two white people taking a black baby home as if the kid were an abandoned puppy ... just doesn't appeal to me. How two cacs gonna raise a black man into a man?

Well they did a pretty good job cause Randall is a beast. Genius, raising two daughters, married to gorgeous and intelligent woman, lives in ritzy upstate New York and has a great heart.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Well they did a pretty good job cause Randall is a beast. Genius, raising two daughters, married to gorgeous and intelligent woman, lives in ritzy upstate New York and has a great heart.
And that's part of the point why it doesn't interest me. Without viewing it, feels insiduous, some stealth anti-black snake shyt (like the kid in Good Behavior on overdrive). But everyone loves it so it must be good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And that's part of the point why it doesn't interest me. Without viewing it, feels insiduous, some stealth anti-black snake shyt (like the kid in Good Behavior on overdrive). But everyone loves it so it must be good.

I disagree man lol. You’re acting as if no black man in the history of the world has ever been raised by white parents and turned out well. Part of Randall’s story is trying to find himself and the latest episode dealt with that as well. He went through a lot of confusion and self discovery as a kid and his parents encouraged it. They didn’t hide him from the fact he’s black nor did they discourage him from embracing that in whatever way he could. shyt the last episode took place mostly at Howard and had him talking to kids his age who looked like him and really finding his footing. All of that impacts the man he became and the husband and father. And then he connected with his birth father as an adult and that also impacted life decisions and how he went about things. So if anything he’s had three parents, two white one black, who made him into the great man he is today.

The show is nuanced and complicated like life. It doesn’t paint anything or anyone or any situation with a broad stroke

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

Yeah, my girl put me onto this, can't get with it. Russell threatening to take the adopted daughter from the birth Mom and trying to get her parole violated didn't sit well with me.

The show just feels phony to me.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I disagree man lol. You’re acting as if no black man in the history of the world has ever been raised by white parents and turned out well. Part of Randall’s story is trying to find himself and the latest episode dealt with that as well. He went through a lot of confusion and self discovery as a kid and his parents encouraged it. They didn’t hide him from the fact he’s black nor did they discourage him from embracing that in whatever way he could. shyt the last episode took place mostly at Howard and had him talking to kids his age who looked like him and really finding his footing. All of that impacts the man he became and the husband and father. And then he connected with his birth father as an adult and that also impacted life decisions and how he went about things. So if anything he’s had three parents, two white one black, who made him into the great man he is today.

The show is nuanced and complicated like life. It doesn’t paint anything or anyone or any situation with a broad stroke
pretty much

A lot of the dudes on here can see the past the weeds. they have handled Randall character great. shyt, they even had the episode where they had to confront his racist grandmom.