Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If they ever upload ChapGPT to one of those Boston Dynamics robots, it's over for us
giphy.gif

If they ever :mjlol:

No way they're not doing it now..I just want everyone to know who was responsible for killing off the world.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
ChatGPT is ego tripping and undervaluing the human touch that is required to make some of these jobs work. Efficiency isn’t the end all be all of work or service and the bot is showcasing its limits by not being able to factor that in.
Lol nah, executives do not care about efficiency that much.

You tell them they will save $500k a year with shedding jobs, they will do it and tell the survivors to adapt.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:lupe:

So for the past month I have been using chatgtp to revamp my resume and cover letters and have been applying to jobs (tech business consultant), actually got 4 interviews 2 of which I had to turn down because I couldn't negotiate not relocating. The other 2 I will interview for next week. I have used chatgpt to prepare for the interviews, it has given question and answers. These are super low six figure jobs but still almost double what i make now. Wish me luck brehs

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:lupe:

So for the past month I have been using chatgtp to revamp my resume and cover letters and have been applying to jobs (tech business consultant), actually got 4 interviews 2 of which I had to turn down because I couldn't negotiate not relocating. The other 2 I will interview for next week. I have used chatgpt to prepare for the interviews, it has given question and answers. These are super low six figure jobs but still almost double what i make now. Wish me luck brehs

:salute:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yes, I asked it to write a very simple javascript function and it basically told me it could not.

Whoa, so the rumors are true. Didn't Google right the theory behind openai AIs architecture? How did they get it wrong so badly

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol nah, executives do not care about efficiency that much.

You tell them they will save $500k a year with shedding jobs, they will do it and tell the survivors to adapt.

Right. There’s nothing new under the sun. And execs tend to just do what the next guy is doing

So yeah. A bunch of folks will lose their jobs as part of the rush to maximize profits.

And then one day a company will come along that offers a slightly more human experience and everyone will act like it’s revolutionary how they’re beating their comp.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I jumped the gun slightly

Pros so far is that it's faster that ChatGPT like instant, I like the small touch that you can copy a answer easier than in chatgpt. It did have current information set which was nice

The answers don't feel natural though they feel Googled? if that makes sense.I asked both bard and chatgpt the same question (how to create a site) and chatgpt gave me a more natural answer. also bard only allows one search at a time. Plus I have been using Google products since Google search was toolbar and I have seen them cancel enough products that I get suspicious
It’s your turn to try Bard
Welcome to Bard, your creative and helpful collaborator, here to supercharge your imagination, boost your productivity, and bring your ideas to life. Your feedback helps Bard improve its responses

Im in.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
@humminbird can I use chatgpt to get a six figure job in business consulting, finance, or IT even though I have absolutely no experience or knowledge in any of those fields???
respectfully highly unlikely
it might get you the interview but it depends on how you present yourself
I asked it using financial analyst as an example
I want to be a financial analyst but I have no experience. can you build a resume to help me get that position?

Sure, here's an example of a resume for someone who has no experience but is seeking a Financial Analyst position:

[Your Name] [Address] [Phone Number]

Objective: To obtain a Financial Analyst position where I can leverage my academic knowledge in finance, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail to contribute to the success of the organization.

Summary:

• Recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Finance and a minor in Accounting.
  • Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and analyze financial data to make strategic business decisions.
  • Proficient in financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis.
  • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
  • Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Finance, Minor in Accounting XYZ University, Anytown, USA Graduated May 2022

• Relevant coursework: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investments, Financial Markets and Institutions, Financial Statement Analysis.
Skills:

• Financial analysis and modeling
  • Forecasting and budgeting
  • Financial statement analysis
  • Proficient in Excel and other financial software
  • Strong communication and interpersonal skills
  • Attention to detail
  • Quick learner
Relevant Projects:

• Conducted financial analysis and valuation of a publicly traded company as part of a team project.
  • Developed a comprehensive financial plan for a startup company, including forecasting revenue, expenses, and cash flow.
Work Experience: [If you have any relevant work experience, include it here. For example, if you worked in a finance-related internship or as a financial assistant, include the job title, company, dates of employment, and key responsibilities.]

References: Available upon request.

Note: In your cover letter, you can further highlight your skills and academic achievements and express your enthusiasm for the financial analyst role. You can also emphasize your willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the organization.

[/SPOILER]
[/QUOTE]
what I would do is ask it what roles I should work for to become X position so you at least have experience in that field first
find one of those roles and ask it more about those roles
show it your resume now and ask it to tailor your resume for those roles
ask it about potential questions an interviewer might ask you and optional answers to that question
pt.1

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
@humminbird can I use chatgpt to get a six figure job in business consulting, finance, or IT even though I have absolutely no experience or knowledge in any of those fields???

pt.2
example
I want to be a financial analyst what roles should I have worked for before I apply for such a position

To become a financial analyst, it is generally recommended to have some relevant work experience and a solid educational background in finance or a related field. Here are some roles that can help you gain relevant experience and skills before applying for a financial analyst position:

1. Financial or Accounting Intern: As an intern, you will have the opportunity to learn about financial statements, financial modeling, and other key skills that are essential for financial analysis.
  2. Financial Accountant: Working as a financial accountant can give you a good understanding of financial statements, analysis, and reporting.
  3. Investment Banking Analyst: This role can provide you with valuable experience in financial analysis, modeling, and valuation.
  4. Equity Research Analyst: As an equity research analyst, you will learn how to analyze and evaluate companies and industries, and develop financial models to make investment recommendations.
  5. Corporate Finance Analyst: Working as a corporate finance analyst can give you a good understanding of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting, which are important skills for financial analysts.
  6. Business Development Analyst: This role can provide you with experience in analyzing markets, assessing growth opportunities, and evaluating potential investments.
By gaining experience in one or more of these roles, you can develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a financial analyst. In addition, pursuing certifications such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation can also help you stand out as a candidate for financial analyst positions.

what are the duties of a Business Development Analyst?

The duties of a Business Development Analyst can vary depending on the organization and industry, but generally, they are responsible for identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and developing strategies to drive growth and profitability. Here are some common duties of a Business Development Analyst:

1. Market Research: Conducting market research to identify potential business opportunities, market trends, and competitive landscape.
  2. Competitive Analysis: Analyzing the competition to identify potential threats and opportunities.
  3. Strategy Development: Developing and implementing strategies to drive growth and profitability, including market entry strategies, pricing strategies, and product development strategies.
  4. Financial Analysis: Analyzing financial data to evaluate the potential profitability of new business opportunities.
  5. Relationship Management: Building and maintaining relationships with potential business partners, customers, and other stakeholders.
  6. Proposal Development: Developing proposals and business plans to pitch new business opportunities to potential partners or investors.
  7. Project Management: Managing projects related to new business opportunities, including coordinating cross-functional teams, setting timelines, and monitoring progress.
  8. Reporting: Preparing reports and presentations to communicate findings, recommendations, and progress to senior management.
Overall, a Business Development Analyst plays a critical role in driving growth and profitability for an organization by identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and developing strategies to pursue them.
please build me a resume tailored for the Business Development Analyst role with a history of two companies

Sure, here's an example resume tailored for a Business Development Analyst role with a history of two companies:
[Your Name] [Address] [Phone Number]
Objective: To obtain a Business Development Analyst position where I can utilize my experience in market research, strategy development, financial analysis, and project management to drive growth and profitability for the organization.
Summary:
  • Two years of experience as a Business Development Analyst with expertise in market research, strategy development, financial analysis, and project management.
  • Experience in identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, developing and implementing strategies, and managing projects related to new business opportunities.
  • Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and analyze complex data to make strategic business decisions.
  • Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, pitch new business opportunities, and present findings and recommendations to senior management.
Professional Experience:
Business Development Analyst ABC Company, Anytown, USA January 2022 - Present
  • Conduct market research to identify potential business opportunities and evaluate market trends and competitive landscape.
  • Analyze financial data to evaluate the potential profitability of new business opportunities.
  • Develop and implement strategies to drive growth and profitability, including market entry strategies, pricing strategies, and product development strategies.
  • Build and maintain relationships with potential business partners, customers, and other stakeholders.
  • Prepare proposals and business plans to pitch new business opportunities to potential partners or investors.
  • Manage projects related to new business opportunities, including coordinating cross-functional teams, setting timelines, and monitoring progress.
  • Prepare reports and presentations to communicate findings, recommendations, and progress to senior management.
Business Development Analyst XYZ Company, Anytown, USA January 2020 - December 2021
  • Conducted market research to identify potential business opportunities and evaluate market trends and competitive landscape.
  • Analyzed financial data to evaluate the potential profitability of new business opportunities.
  • Developed and implemented strategies to drive growth and profitability, including market entry strategies, pricing strategies, and product development strategies.
  • Built and maintained relationships with potential business partners, customers, and other stakeholders.
  • Prepared proposals and business plans to pitch new business opportunities to potential partners or investors.
  • Managed projects related to new business opportunities, including coordinating cross-functional teams, setting timelines, and monitoring progress.
  • Prepared reports and presentations to communicate findings, recommendations, and progress to senior management.
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Finance University of XYZ, Anytown, USA Graduated May 2020
Skills:
  • Market research and analysis
  • Financial analysis and modeling
  • Strategy development and implementation
  • Project management
  • Relationship management
  • Proposal development
  • Excellent communication and presentation skills
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM software.
References: Available upon request.
I hope this example helps you in creating your tailored resume for the Business Development Analyst role. Good luck with your job search!
[/QUOTE]
[/spoiler]