Ya’ll hate but Mac Dre was truly ahead of his time

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Mac Dre's story is what some of your favorite studio gangsters wish they lived.

You dont got to like his music but respect his gangsta.

Cutthoat was really about that life and it's a shame his life got took when he was on the come up while enjoying his life doing this rap shyt.

Can't knock the hustle but I lost respect for E-40 when he tried to grab Mr. Hicks audience when he passed. Doing hyphy music and trying to grow dreads. Dude tried to change lanes like those punks on the road cutting you off.

Cutthoat had bars for days.

E40 actually made that lane,or at least had been making hyphy music.You could saynhe was wrong for using the lingo.But that was just what was popular in the bay at the time.But that lil jon sound became what was known as hyphy,and thats not the kind of hyphy music Mac Dre was making.He would probably be disgusted at how hyphy was b*stardized.But it wasnt just 40 it was everybody associated with it that let it turn into nonsense and uncreative shyt.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Keak coined the term hyphy (hyper/fly). 40 jumped on the crunk wave. Dre combined drugs, crunk, and hyphy into the thizz movement, which then got reabsorbed by hyphy as its mainstream push iirc. I began checking out around this time, since I wasn't really feeling the sound and it became heavily co-opted by the suburban kids from out here.

I miss that bay mobb music :mjcry:

Last edited:

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Interview with Zoe Da Roasta and Dres Mom

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Yes he really was. Would be a mega star in this era

I don't know about becoming a mega star, but I could see him really expanding his fanbase if he had the opportunity to jump into the mix of this wave that detroit got going on right now; especially since they got so many punchline rappers. Dude would spit some crazy stuff if you really give him a listen.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I don't know about becoming a mega star, but I could see him really expanding his fanbase if he had the opportunity to jump into the mix of this wave that detroit got going on right now; especially since they got so many punchline rappers. Dude would spit some crazy stuff if you really give him a listen.

He would kill on TikTok