Ya’ll hate but Mac Dre was truly ahead of his time

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have not been to a wedding this decade where some dre didn't get played, maybe this just a regional thing tho. :patrice:

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
I appreciate my guy. I deadass knew ya’ll Bay Area cats too official to let some shyt slide like that. They way ya’ll respect Dre I knew it! Bro let me ask you also what’s the origin of the hyphy and the thuzzle and other dances ya be doing? Like again as a nyc cat at most we might give you a fukking lean from side to side but ya get turnt lol. I love the Bay

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Mac Dre's story is what some of your favorite studio gangsters wish they lived.

You dont got to like his music but respect his gangsta.

Cutthoat was really about that life and it's a shame his life got took when he was on the come up while enjoying his life doing this rap shyt.

Can't knock the hustle but I lost respect for E-40 when he tried to grab Mr. Hicks audience when he passed. Doing hyphy music and trying to grow dreads. Dude tried to change lanes like those punks on the road cutting you off.

Cutthoat had bars for days.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I use to listen to alot of Bay Area rap when in was in High School, early 2000's use to save my $ and order cd's online and have em shipped to the house. I had to be the only teenager in Ohio with Mac Dre and Andre Nickatina albums
"crack raider razor raider...Razor Sharp"
:ohlawd:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mac Dre's story is what some of your favorite studio gangsters wish they lived.

You dont got to like his music but respect his gangsta.

Cutthoat was really about that life and it's a shame his life got took when he was on the come up while enjoying his life doing this rap shyt.

Can't knock the hustle but I lost respect for E-40 when he tried to grab Mr. Hicks audience when he passed. Doing hyphy music and trying to grow dreads. Dude tried to change lanes like those punks on the road cutting you off.

Cutthoat had bars for days.

he was independent and ran his own label before it was cool and he did it before it was easy with youtube and soundcloud.

back when dudes was screaming about about rocafella aftermath and interscope, he actually was pioneering his own shyt.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate my guy. I deadass knew ya’ll Bay Area cats too official to let some shyt slide like that. They way ya’ll respect Dre I knew it! Bro let me ask you also what’s the origin of the hyphy and the thuzzle and other dances ya be doing? Like again as a nyc cat at most we might give you a fukking lean from side to side but ya get turnt lol. I love the Bay

Mac Dre, year round good weather, good drugs, & Sideshow culture :manny:

From an objective standpoint, I totally see why other regions can't relate to our music. But at the end of the day, it's ours, we support our artists and I love us for that.

Last edited: