Yall fukk with this type of music?

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Been through that phase. And Synthwave.

Both of them can hit the spot for a while but they get formulaic, quick and it just becomes too much effort to sift through the dross for a hit as there is so much recycling of concepts, themes and sounds in these genres. Some bangers out there though, for sure. Especially Synthwave because done right (with vocals) its like an alternate 80s timeline:

Instrumental/ambient scores are my vibe at the moment:

Motion picture ish!

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Let me introduce y’all to a little something.

giphy.gif

Thats just my lane. These minimalist ambient drone scenes are awesome to spin as you do your thing. They bring an aural texture without intruding and its why I've been checking out gaming soundtracks/movie scores recently.

Great for focus/productivity.

Sway

Banned
Daps
giphy.gif

Thats just my lane. These minimalist ambient drone scenes are awesome to spin as you do your thing. They bring an aural texture without intruding and its why I've been checking out gaming soundtracks/movie scores recently.
Bet, here’s more.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
On the orchestral tip:

The discovery of new music has to be one of the biggest and best upsides of the net. Sure digging in dusty stores for an elusive hit via a forgotten mix and reading the credits whilst jamming to the session was a vibe in and of itself and this is not that but something else and its appreciated as well.

Especially edits, mixes, flips and all other kinds of things that used to be kept on deck just for those around your team. Now they're global, easily, with a click. Like I said before:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
:ohhh: :ohhh: :ohhh: :ohhh: :ohhh: Ayo, what are the odds?

I built a playlist out of her stuff a few months ago after hearing "winter fields" randomly in a hotel. Currently my favorite tracks from her are "divine riverie" and "sunset lullaby". From that album specifically, "S.I.A.F.S " really stood out to me earlier this year. How about you @MischievousMonkey ?

What really made me sad was how she pivoted to vocals in her recent work. This might offend you but i think she is better at instrumentals, and i hope her singing friend leaves her alone.

Also, i got a suggestion for you based on her stuff i think you might like, lemme know if you are interested...

Im also open to similar recommendations as well:salute:
That's dope! The albums I shared are probably what I come back to the most. While I haven't listened to everything she made, I like her relaxing autumn playlist a lot too.

I must admit I kinda agree with you on the vocal parts. I prefer the raw instrumentals much more.

Definitely open to your suggestions breh :feedme:

On my end, on a somewhat similar but distinct register, I'd suggest aivi & surasshu. They're responsible for some of my favorite pieces of music of all time in their album The Black Box :ohlawd: They lit up whole afternoons and had me stuck at my window, watching the sunlight withdraw from the pink sky, with electronic ethereal sounds that rang mystical and comforting at the same time.

They're apparently responsible for most of the soundtrack of Steven Universe, but even though I know it's very popular, I never watched it :manny:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

Great for focus/productivity.

I remember being focused as hell studying with the Deux Ex HR OST playing in the back, as far back as in highschool:wow:

It's not comforting enough for me to go back to regularly, but I enjoy it when I do. Nice vibe.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
If you've got anything else in that ambient background style like DE:HR let me know. Sometimes you don't feel like listening to songs but these amorphous soundscapes are always welcome.

Props on the aivi & surasshu rec, chiptunes done well are amazingly good.

:lawd:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Been through that phase. And Synthwave.

Both of them can hit the spot for a while but they get formulaic, quick and it just becomes too much effort to sift through the dross for a hit as there is so much recycling of concepts, themes and sounds in these genres. Some bangers out there though, for sure. Especially Synthwave because done right (with vocals) its like an alternate 80s timeline:

Instrumental/ambient scores are my vibe at the moment:

Motion picture ish!

yep

this Ambient Blade Runner for sleeping is :banderas:

:banderas: risky business

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Man, YT is quick with that algo. I just read this thread to link for ref and look what popped up in my recs:

:ohhh: