"Yall dont swirl in the South" British brehette

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
Does anyone know what the IR marriage rate is for BM and BW in the uk?

This is from the 2011 Census.

figure2_tcm77-369553.png

Around 2.4M Black British people in the UK today. 1.1M Black men and 1.3 Black women.

Now, in order to make the graphic above make more sense let's look at what the numbers looked like in 2011.

2011:

Male

Black African: 480K
Black Caribbean: 277K
Other Black: 141K

Female

Black African: 510K
Black Caribbean: 318K
Other Black: 139K

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
This is from the 2011 Census.

figure2_tcm77-369553.png

Around 2.4M Black British people in the UK today. 1.1M Black men and 1.3 Black women.

Now, in order to make the graphic above make more sense let's look at what the numbers looked like in 2011.

2011:

Male

Black African: 480K
Black Caribbean: 277K
Other Black: 141K

Female

Black African: 510K
Black Caribbean: 318K
Other Black: 139K

+rep

Those numbers are even higher than I thought. Especially for black caribbean and other black.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
+rep

Those numbers are even higher than I thought. Especially for black caribbean and other black.

This is the thing, if we further dilute those 2011 numbers of the Black British men and women, and look at the proportion of each group that are/were in an inter-racial relationship, the differences aren't that significant.

As an example, 277K Black British Caribbean men vs. 318K Black British Caribbean women in the total UK population. Judging by that graph, approximately 48% of those men in an IR and around 36-37% of those are women.

That's a difference of about 10-12,000 total. Considering the narrative that Black British men have to combat, Caribbean men especially...does that feel proportional? Thinking critically here, I can't say that it does. Whilst I can 100% agree that more Caribbean men date out than women, there isn't a massive difference in the numbers when we get down to the nitty gritty.

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
This is the thing, if we further dilute those 2011 numbers of the Black British men and women, and look at the proportion of each group that are/were in an inter-racial relationship, the differences aren't that significant.

As an example, 277K Black British Caribbean men vs. 318K Black British Caribbean women in the total UK population. Judging by that graph, approximately 48% of those men in an IR and around 36-37% of those are women.

That's a difference of about 10-12,000 total. Considering the narrative that Black British men have to combat, Caribbean men especially...does that feel proportional? Thinking critically here, I can't say that it does. Whilst I can 100% agree that more Caribbean men date out than women, there isn't a massive difference in the numbers when we get down to the nitty gritty.

You're right there's not a huge difference but they are both high as hell. I understand that black people are a small minority in a white country so I'm not expecting them to be Dr Umar, but it's still weird that so many opt for white partners.

You can drop 10,000 white people in a majority black country and most of them will date within their community or white adjacent before they start dealing with black people, but for black people it's the opposite.

Is it easier for a black man to bag a white female in the UK than it is to get a black one? I know a lot of black women are on some weirdo c00n shyt too so I'm not putting all the blame on men.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I would say Cleveland where I’m from is similar to the South. Yes there is some colorism but it’s not widespread and when you see a interracial relationship it sticks out even though there’s a large population of Puerto Ricans they still aren’t coveted like in other places as most people date within their race.