Y’all bum ass mafukkas don’t deserve a title: 2022 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers off-season thread

Season predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine there is a strong possibility we'll miss the playoffs again with 2 top 15 players on the roster. Arguably top 5 when healthy. Pelinka does not get enough hate from Laker fans. What has he done to make him so untouchable? shyt is mind boggling. Every off-season since he been gm he has been trash except for arguably 2019. But even then he over paid for AD when he had all the leverage in the world. This dude is utter fukking trash as a gm. Some of the worst moves in Lakers history went down under his watch. I'm so sick of this motherfukker. The hate I have for this dude is reaching Mitxh and Jim buss level.
Yet you absolve Bron and AD for their part. As much as you don’t want to believe it, they played a massive part in their own demise. Why would I feel sorry for them or the team? They wanted Russ. Pelinka had a deal done with Sacramento for Buddy. He got bullied into Russ which yes it’s his fault for listening to Klutch and not standing on his own ground but Bron has massive influence and when things don’t go his way, well u can see for yourself the hit pieces he put on the lakers after the deadline.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Yall love coming up with excuses for this dude. :pachaha:same shyt the fanbase did with Mitch and Jim.
Injuries are not excuses lol, its a legit reason. The team was 21-6 during the Dennis Schroder year before AD went down and still maintained the #1 defense despite him missing a lot of the time. That was a solid team but LeBron and him were hurt, LeBron was getting blown by Cam Payne throughout the entire Suns series.

You don't have realistic expectations if you think a team missing their top two guys and heavily reliant on them should be better.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
If AD was not hurt AGAIN last season they don't panic and trade for Westbrook and they honestly probably beat the Suns.

AD is just too soft and fragile to be relied upon.

I partly blame the Lakers for trying to force him to play center.
We can say this but the entire fanbase and those outside wanted him to play center, in hindsight we should have just listened to the guy himself if he says he doesn't want to play it :yeshrug:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Yet you absolve Bron and AD for their part. As much as you don’t want to believe it, they played a massive part in their own demise. Why would I feel sorry for them or the team? They wanted Russ. Pelinka had a deal done with Sacramento for Buddy. He got bullied into Russ which yes it’s his fault for listening to Klutch and not standing on his own ground but Bron has massive influence and when things don’t go his way, well u can see for yourself the hit pieces he put on the lakers after the deadline.
Again Pelinka is the gm. I don't care how much Bron and AD begged and pleaded or even threatened. They can not make moves period. That's on management. Bron wanted Ty Lue. Why isn't he the Lakers coach? So they would tell him no to Ty and yes to Russ? Make that make sense. Buddy Heild wasn't the right move to make either. Pelinka is trash as a gm. You'll start agreeing with me on this. It's just a matter of time.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again Pelinka is the gm. I don't care how much Bron and AD begged and pleaded or even threatened. They can not make moves period. That's on management. Bron wanted Ty Lue. Why isn't he the Lakers coach? So they would tell him no to Ty and yes to Russ? Make that make sense. Buddy Heild wasn't the right move to make either. Pelinka is trash as a gm. You'll start agreeing with me on this. It's just a matter of time.

Ty Lue isn't the coach because Jeanie Buss is cheap. That has nothing to do with Rob. If anything Rob agreed with getting Lue because it was essentially a done deal but ownership didn't want to pay him that much.

Using your logic, if Rob is the GM and he's responsible for the bad, he must be responsible for the good too? So he's responsible for bringing a championship to LA which how many GM's in the league can say? bu bu but that was all Bron and AD :russ:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Multiple things wrong with this.

1. Rob wanted Ty Lue, it was the Rambis duo that didn't want him. So you are misplacing your blame.

2. You continue to pretend players don't have a say when it comes to roster decisions especially in today's league. Harden got Morey to trade for Westbrook, the most anti-Morey player in the league. Morey is a good GM. LeBron has had roster influence on every single roster he has played for. Even Pat Riley caved in. So you thinking that Pelinka should have been the first GM in his life to ignore him is either dumb or just naive :snoop:. This allstar break was the first time Pelinka said no to LeBron and he decided to subtly praise every other GM out there in response:russ:

Your understanding of a GM is that they are the sole decision makers and that is just not how the NBA works, especially the Lakers who have 5-6 people alone who have influence. No other GM would be listening to what Magic, Phil Jackson, or Linda Rambis have to say but the Lakers GM always has to, that is how it is. If you want to blame anyone, it is ultimately Jeanie for allowing this environment.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
They didnt want Russ 1st they wanted Derozan 1st and settled for Russ

Blame Jeannie and the Rambi for bein dumb

Last edited: