Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The 3 steps of denial...

Stage 1
I’m not really a fan of yakuza games, mainly because of the combat. I’m def getting this one for the turn-based combat
Stage 2
Awesome next gen version coming out by the time I’d be done with cyberpunk 2077, demon souls, spider-man, zelda, and whatever else I’m gonna have on my plate from the holiday releases
Stage 3
I was interested in this for the turn based style but i was watching someone play it on twitch for a couple of hours and I’m not sure...it feels/looks very slow to me. Like each cut scene is like 10 minutes long and it won’t even be about anything important. Very old school JRPG style.
Meanwhile all the replies in this thread are highly praising this title. And this is how Sony stans operate :stopitslime:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m on Chapter 12 no story spoilers but as far as gameplay/leveling at this point

Theres a considerable difficulty/leveling spike here. You’ll need to raise 3 million yen at one point (fairly easy if you’ve been doing the business sim for a while, shoulda got on that early in chapter 6 if you didn’t:ufdup:) and after that, there’s a boss that’s level 50 at the end of a dungeon where the enemies are around 32-35. You can close that gap by grinding in the arena but you’re prolly gonna have to go up 25-30 levels in the tower. You’ll level up hella fast and get great loot in the process tho:ehh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only on chapter 5 but this is the most fun I’ve had playing a game in a long time. Like GTA made into jrpg. Open world actually feels alive
Yeah I'm yakuza fan, but even if I wasn't this is super refreshing.

I always wanted to play (make) a RPG that's just set in modern times that didn't involve some crazy save the world type of plot.

I'm just making it to chapter 5 and the game is already one of my favorite rpgs

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
is this game worth a buy for people who have never played any Yakuza game before?

Daps
Reppin
Hiram Clarke
Trying to max or 3/4 max my other jobs after I ignored them the whole game was trash. Went ahead and hit the NG+ Legendary to try and level up my other jobs quicker that way. Going double class items cuz my characters are already at 99. I spent about 62hrs on my first playthrough, but I legit got almost everything done. Gonna speed through to the end on this playthrough because I want that damn Platinum.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Is it Persona 5 level? :jbhmm:

When I was playing through it first time, I was putting it on that level. Especially with all the minigames and sidequests that the Yakuza series are known for. But I don't think I'll be able to put in any where near the hours I did with Persona 5

Still.. GoTY-worthy game :blessed:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Trying to max or 3/4 max my other jobs after I ignored them the whole game was trash. Went ahead and hit the NG+ Legendary to try and level up my other jobs quicker that way. Going double class items cuz my characters are already at 99. I spent about 62hrs on my first playthrough, but I legit got almost everything done. Gonna speed through to the end on this playthrough because I want that damn Platinum.

do the stat bonuses from jobs carry over when they change jobs? I pretty much have everyone in their OG class except for Sae who’s an Idol. I grabbed some of the early job skills from other classes when I first unlocked the HelloWork shyt but for the most part, the character specific classes seem to be the best except for Sae :yeshrug:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Is it Persona 5 level? :jbhmm:

I wouldn’t put I quite at that level but it’s got a lot of similarities. Best way to describe this game would be Persona 5 mixed with the absurdity of Saints Row:lolbron:

I haven’t beat the game yet but it’s an easy 8.5 outta 10 for me at the least